Flowers
Options

Flowers Budget?

What was your florist budget and how much/what did you get for it? We are thinking 2k for our September wedding, and need 5 bm bouquets, 7 bouts, 1 bridal bouquet, 2 corsages and maybe 12-14 centerpieces, 1/2 short and 1/2 tall. Is 2k enough? (I know location causes various expenses but I'm in Midwest)

Re: Flowers Budget?

• Options
    Mine is $2k and just got a quote from the florist for $1560.00 (I didn't give them my budget just what I wanted/colors/etc) so I am pleased it was under my budget.  This is a second wedding for my fiance and me so its not a traditional 6 bridesmaids/groomsmen. We are having it outside at a friend's home on Canandaigua Lake (both ceremony and reception).

The flowers are mostly blue delphiniums, white hydrangeas, lavender stock, lavender roses, David Auston white roses (I wanted peonies but they can't get them in July), carnations and a hint of pale pink spray roses.

For the quote we are gettting:

1 bride bouquet
    1 maid of honor bouquet
    7 boutonnieres
    5 wrist corsages
    2 alter flowers
    9 table centerpieces
    2 tussie mussies for the bars
    1 soft drink table centerpiece

Overall I am very happy with the price.

• Options
    My first budget was about $4k.   That was for 9 BMs, 8 bouts for the guys (and my dad).  17 CPs and to cover this really ugly fencing.

We ended up scraping the fencing decor. Not for budget, mostly because we realized that sometimes hiding something actually draws more attention.  We also dropped 2 CP.   We ended up spending about $2800.

Our location was a little on the higher side.  Small town, not many options.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I didn't want to spend too much on flowers, but we have a large bridal party, so for just under $2k I was quoted for the following:

1 bridal bouquet

9 bridesmaids bouquets

1 groom bout

13 groomsmen bouts

3 mom bouts (have a step-mom to include)

2 father bouts

5 flower girls

2 ring bearers

6 small centerpieces for our high top cocktail tables, I'm using the bridsmaids bouquets for our other centerpieces along with candles and babysbreath to fill out other spots (bar area, food tables, etc)

• Options

I'm in Cleveland and for just about $1,000 I got

• Bridal Bouquet
    • Four BM bouquets
    • 5 GM (including groom) bouts
    • 2 bouts for dads
    • 2 coursages for moms
    • 3 coursages from God Mother's & one other VIP
    • 1 Bout for Father in law
    • 2  large alter bouquets.
    • 8 Pew bows
    • Delivery & set up, including pinning all the flowers onto the men

We didn't do any flower centerpieces and I had a fair amount of roses involved. All the bouts were roses and the mom's coursages I believe were all roses too. My roses lastest almost two weeks.

• Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

We spent about $4500 for our flowers. We got:

Chair décor (4 chairs)

My bouquet

Groom's bout

Corsage (x3) for moms and officiant

Centerpieces (x2)

Place setting décor (it was just a sprig of rosemary)

Floral arch for our ceremony (this was just a bit over $2000, so by far the bulk of our floral breakdown)

Installation and break down.

• Options
    momofbride530momofbride530 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    We don't have a final quote for my daughter's flowers, but for around $1600 we are getting 1 bride's bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 12 bouts, 2 floral crowns for flower girls, nosegays for me and MOG, 3 grandmother corsages, 4 pew decorations, altar arrangements, a guest table arrangement, entrance to reception arrangement and wild flowers for table decor. My daughter babysat the florist's grandkids for 5 summers so she is giving us a big discount.
  • Options
    Wow... I'm in DC and was able to get it under $600 for a bridal bouquet, 2 BMs, 2 boutineers, 6 corsages, ~8 centerpieces and something for the sweetheart table.  Granted, we're not super concerned with flowers -- just super bare minimum on our end. 
  • Options
    I'm spending about $400 to do my own - bride's bouquet, 3 BMs, 16 bouts/corsages, 20 centerpieces and a few other arrangements.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm in the San Francisco area and our budget was under $2K. We came right under at $1900 and we're getting:

1 bridal bouquet
    1 toss bouquet
    6 MOH/bridesmaid bouquets
    10 bouts
    3 corsages
    2 ceremony arrangements
    1 welcome/sign-in arrangement
    +Taxes
    +delivery & set-up fee

And this was the cheapest I could find, lol. 
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm in Atlanta and spent about $3200 on flowers. We got for personal flowers:
    1 bride's bouquet (plus toss bouquet)
    1 grooms bout plus 6 groomsmens bouts
    6 bridesmaids bouquets
    2 mother's wrist corsages
    5 grandmother's pin on corsages
    2 fathers bouts and 4 grandfather's bouts

For decor:
    A decorated staircase at the entrance to the venue
    A large buffet centerpiece
    3 tall floral centerpieces and 4 additional short centerpieces (bridesmaids bouquets were re-purposed for 6 low centerpieces)
    A decorated wedding arch
    Shepherds hooks with mason jars holding flowers lining the aisle and petals scattered down both sides of the aisle - the mason jars were later re-purposed for cocktail hour decor
    Large black lanterns hanging from the ceiling of the venue with lit candles
    The napkins were tied with jute and contained a short floral spring

Set up, breakdown, and tax

• Options
    I don't remember exact numbers, but I believe it was just about 3k total.

Bridal bouquet
    1 BM bouquet
    4 ceremony arrangements
    aisle petals
    bathroom arrangements (they were super small)
    present table arrangement
    foyer arrangement
    6 small arrangements for cocktail tables
    8 tall table arrangements
    7 short table arrangements 

• Options
    $850 in New Hampshire for:
    1 bridal bouquet
    2 bouts (groom, FOB)
    1 flower girl
    16 centerpieces - will double as both ceremony and reception decor

It helps when you don't have a bridal party.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    1 Bridal Bouquet
    1 MOH Bouquet
    1 FG bouquet 
    5 bouts
    3 corsages
    4 Birdcage arrangements
    6 glass vessel arrangements

I spent $650 for flowers in Dallas - that included free delivery to two locations. Our florist worked independently out of her home. Main florals were peonies and succulents. 

• Options
    $1500 in Los Angeles for...
    -1 Bridal Bouqet (lots of white roses)
    -5 bridesmaid bouquets (white daisies)
    -8 boutaneers (white roses)
    -4 wrist corsages
    -6 chair arrangements for ceremony
    -6 floating dahlias for coctail tables
    -8 low centerpieces 
  • Options
    MJKloverMJKlover member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2015
    I just got a quote for flowers from my DOC who is also a florist. She will do my bridal bouquet and all of the centerpieces (approximately 20) for $1,000. Does that sound reasonable? I really have no idea. My first wedding was so much simpler to plan as we had a package deal that gave us one price.

EDIT: Just to say that her DOC services are an additional fee. If that $1,000 was for everything that would be SWEET!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I just got a quote for flowers from my DOC who is also a florist. She will do my bridal bouquet and all of the centerpieces (approximately 20) for $1,000. Does that sound reasonable? I really have no idea. My first wedding was so much simpler to plan as we had a package deal that gave us one price.

EDIT: Just to say that her DOC services are an additional fee. If that $1,000 was for everything that would be SWEET!

That seems pretty affordable to me!

My sister paid around $1300 for her bouquet, around 15-20 centerpieces, plus bm bouquets, bouts, corsages, etc. So yeah, I'd say that's a deal depending on flowers and size of centerpieces. But based on volume alone, I'd go for it.

• Options
    I spent 2K for :

1 bridal bouquet 

5 bridesmaids bouquet 

10 mens bouts

3 corsages 

2 flower girls baskets and petals 

ceremony arch arrangement 

8 mason jar arrangements for ends of chairs in aisle 

petals all the way down the aisle 

8 floral wreaths to go around lanterns 

8 tall centrepieces 

1 guestbook table arrangement 

• Options
    I am in Seattle and I have it for $1000

my bouquet 
    4 BM bouquet 
    4 groom and GM bouts 
    11 Centerpiece 
    1 welcome table flower 
    1 sweetheart table centerpiece 
    cake flowers 
    flowers for my head 
    flowers for Alter 
  • Options
    I plan on having a $500 budget for our June wedding in Minnesota.

1 bouquet for me

3 bm bouquets

1 boutineers for groom

3 boutineers for gm

7 corsages for moms and special people

10 boutineers for dads and special men

Maybe centerpieces

A special bouquet of flowers to remember my infant daughters who died in 2009 and 2013.

• Options
    blabla89 - where did you get your flowers from to make them yourself?
  • Options
    mccwenmccwen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I am in Seattle and I have it for $1000

my bouquet 
    4 BM bouquet 
    4 groom and GM bouts 
    11 Centerpiece 
    1 welcome table flower 
    1 sweetheart table centerpiece 
    cake flowers 
    flowers for my head 
    flowers for Alter 

Who did you use in Seattle? I'm in Tacoma and have not yet picked a florist. I'd love to know who you used. Thank you! ~Wendy
  • Options
    bb2016bb2016 member
    Just got my floral quote back. It's more than I want to spend, but I think the pricing is reasonable:

1 Bridal bouquet $215
    6 BM bouquet $390
    6 GM/Mom corsages   $150
    9 Boutonnieres $90
    1 Groom Bout $25
    2 Flower Girl Crowns $100
    2 Flower Girl purse/ball $90
    4 Aisle Markers $100
    3 Mom/Virgin Mary $30
    1 Toss/receiving table $50
    1 Buffet Table $300
    6 tall centerpieces $510
    6 short centerpieces $300
    36 Mercury votive $72
    12 Table runners $180
    Cake flowers $100
    1 Bride bouquet for bridals $75

With setup/delivery and tax it comes out to $3200. Flowers consist of antique hydrangeas, succulents, wax flowers, roses, calla lilies, spray roses. I really want to cut it to between $1500-2000. I really want to reuse the bridesmaids bouquets and my bridal bouquet for centerpieces at the reception, has anyone done this when the ceremony and the reception are not in the same place? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bb2016 said:
    Just got my floral quote back. It's more than I want to spend, but I think the pricing is reasonable:

1 Bridal bouquet $215
    6 BM bouquet $390
    6 GM/Mom corsages   $150
    9 Boutonnieres $90
    1 Groom Bout $25
    4 Aisle Markers $100
    3 Mom/Virgin Mary $30
    1 Buffet Table $300
    6 tall centerpieces $510
    36 Mercury votive $72
    12 Table runners $180
    Cake flowers $100

With setup/delivery and tax it comes out to $3200. Flowers consist of antique hydrangeas, succulents, wax flowers, roses, calla lilies, spray roses. I really want to cut it to between $1500-2000. I really want to reuse the bridesmaids bouquets and my bridal bouquet for centerpieces at the reception, has anyone done this when the ceremony and the reception are not in the same place? 

I'd cut the centerpieces and use the BM bouquets - yes I've seen it done more often than not and have the BM's know ahead of time and to grab the flowers/vases at the end of the night (you can pick up vases cheap at any number of stores)..  I'd also cut the flowers for the buffet table (heck, FTD is cheaper than $300 for some pretty fancy arrangements).  Really, if you're not comfortable with that $3200 price-tag, something has to give and a lot of those items really aren't necessary (I'm of the camp of "you don't have to spend your full budget, find a way to make your budget fit what you can afford!).  Also, you should be able to find some nice table runners for far less than $180 for 12 if you look at bulk options online or even buy some fabric and make them yourself. 
  • Options
    bb2016bb2016 member
    MesmrEwe said:
    bb2016 said:

1 Bridal bouquet $215
    6 BM bouquet $390
    6 GM/Mom corsages   $150
    9 Boutonnieres $90
    1 Groom Bout $25
    4 Aisle Markers $100
    3 Mom/Virgin Mary $30
    1 Buffet Table $300
    6 tall centerpieces $510
    36 Mercury votive $72
    12 Table runners $180
    Cake flowers $100

I'd cut the centerpieces and use the BM bouquets - yes I've seen it done more often than not and have the BM's know ahead of time and to grab the flowers/vases at the end of the night (you can pick up vases cheap at any number of stores)..  I'd also cut the flowers for the buffet table (heck, FTD is cheaper than $300 for some pretty fancy arrangements).  Really, if you're not comfortable with that $3200 price-tag, something has to give and a lot of those items really aren't necessary (I'm of the camp of "you don't have to spend your full budget, find a way to make your budget fit what you can afford!).  Also, you should be able to find some nice table runners for far less than $180 for 12 if you look at bulk options online or even buy some fabric and make them yourself. 
    I completely agree that a lot of the items can be cut easily. I've crossed out the ones that I will probably removing from my package and I definitely agree about the table runners. I really like the idea of reusing the BM bouquets, I'm just worried about it working out logistically since the reception not in the same place as the ceremony. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the UK. For £490 (not sure what the exchange rate is like), we're getting a large bridal bouquet (freesias, roses and gypsophilas), a bridesmaids bouquet, two mothers wrist corsages, grooms bout, 7 button holes, two aisle ends, one large centrepiece and some spray flowers for the tables.

My mum is making some ceramic flowers for the cake, she is really talented and they look great
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards