Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress Selling Options

To make a long story short: When I tried on my Casablance dress in December, I loved it. When I finally got it in the mail last week, I hated it. It's not me, it's completely overdone... A beautiful dress, but not me.

I'm going to David's Bridal today to look for a new dress. My wedding is in a month so I'm a bit nervous, but I seriously cannot wear that dress.

I am curious what the options are for selling it. While I didn't get any alterations to the fit of the dress, the length was done to my measurements and I had cap sleeves put on the dress. 

I know I'm going to take a loss. I'm just curious about what other people have done because I do not know where to start.

Re: Dress Selling Options

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'd check out preownedweddingdresses.com  If you have a local fb weddng group you can try there and could even list on ebay. We have a local consignment wedding shop, they sell a lot of sample gowns but also do some consignment.  If I were me I'd list on preownededingdresses.com and my local fb page
  • edited June 2015
    I'm in a similar spot. I've had my dress on preownedweddingdresses.com for the past month with no bids, and I also had it on ebay with no bids. A consignment store might be your best option if you run into issues like me.
  • If you do craigslist, take cash only! There are so many check scams. 
  • tradesy.com is a great place to sell, I had a similar issue and sold mine there.  It's an online consignment shop.

• I second preownedweddingdresses.com. I bought a dress on a whim and changed my mind, and was able to sell it within a week of listing it. One way to make it easier to sell might be to offer payment plans when you advertise your dress. The way you would go about doing this would be to send multiple payment requests through Paypal over a few weeks/months/whatever you work out with your buyer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards