Offbeat Weddings

Lord of the Rings Wedding!

2»

Re: Lord of the Rings Wedding!

• I love this thread.  There's fantasy, elves, Tolkein, NWR cosplay and so much more :)

Oh, and if you're incorporating Elder Scrolls, you should totally pick up some of these:

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I love this thread.  There's fantasy, elves, Tolkein, NWR cosplay and so much more :)

Oh, and if you're incorporating Elder Scrolls, you should totally pick up some of these:

I love those amulets! They are perfect!
    I love this thread.  There's fantasy, elves, Tolkein, NWR cosplay and so much more :)

• I was super excited to find out that they're turquoise and brass as opposed to something flimsy.

(For anyone who hasn't played Skyrim, Mara is the Goddess of Love and you speak to one of her priests and put on an Amulet of Mara to open up dialogue with NPCs regarding marriage).
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • So I was watching one of the LOTR movies over the weekend and thought some of the ladies' dresses were just gorgeous and would be lovely as wedding dresses. I imagine you'd have to have something custom made? I love the look of Eowyn's white dress, trimmed in gold, with long flowing sleeves. Gorgeous.

imageimage
  • My wedding is "book"-themed with an emphasis on fantasy books, so this thread and another on Harry Potter are helpful for ideas to show that we're grownups. 

My FI is calling his groomsmen "The Fellowship of the Ring," so their boutonnieres will incorporate the Fellowship ivy-leaf pin. The Evenstar would be a really pretty necklace to wear with your gown. And you could have a little sign somewhere that says "No admittance except on party business." And call your bar "The Green Dragon."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• My wedding is "book"-themed with an emphasis on fantasy books, so this thread and another on Harry Potter are helpful for ideas to show that we're grownups. 

My FI is calling his groomsmen "The Fellowship of the Ring," so their boutonnieres will incorporate the Fellowship ivy-leaf pin. The Evenstar would be a really pretty necklace to wear with your gown. And you could have a little sign somewhere that says "No admittance except on party business." And call your bar "The Green Dragon."

I love all of these ideas! We had considered using the leaves of Lothlorien in place of a regular boutonnieres but we are between that and  another idea depending if we incorporate other fantasy worlds into our wedding. And calling the bar The Green Dragon is seriously the most amazing thing I have heard. I am totally do this!

I love all of these ideas! We had considered using the leaves of Lothlorien in place of a regular boutonnieres but we are between that and  another idea depending if we incorporate other fantasy worlds into our wedding. And calling the bar The Green Dragon is seriously the most amazing thing I have heard. I am totally do this!
    That's what those suckers are called! I knew I needed to read the books again! ;)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• OH. How have I just now found this thread? I'm doing 'small' LOTR touches in my wedding this October, though the small touches are rapidly growing. I've got a modern wedding dress, but I'm working on a sheer white cloak as my veil (I've added the hood after this was taken)

veil

I'll also be wearing Evenstar. Here's the letters I made and mailed my bridesmaids when I asked them.

Folded_Card_EU

Our ring bearer is my fiance's nephew, who will be about 4 at the wedding, and he'll be in a little Hobbit vest.

I'm also making my bouquets myself, out of sword hilts

IMG_20140406_175412

other than that though, it'll be 'normal', men is suits and ties, my girls in knee length dresses, semi formal, etc. My venue is very...old world England looking inside, with big wooden doors, wrought iron gates, greenery, I just love it. I'm also using LOTR book pages around candles in the centerpieces, and I'd like to get some big branches and more greenery for the centerpieces. So while there will be touches, like you said, it won't be a costume party.

I write a little LOTR wedding blog in fact, and there are quite a few people who've done LOTR weddings, both 'costumy' and with small touches, both turning out beautifully - https://breecraft.wordpress.com/

Also, I LOVE those wood burned boxes

• That cloak is absolutely stunning! and I love the idea of making your own flowers. 

I am so happy that there are more people out there who are on the same page with me when it comes to planning a fantasy wedding that's not a costume party.

Thanks about the chests too. I made one for myself as well hahahaha. 

Your venue also sounds amazing and perfect for your wedding. 

Once I get home from work, I am definitely going to check out that blog too!
  • Silverelf2015Silverelf2015 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    I just saw this thread!!!!!  I also just posted about a Lord of the Rings theme, but centered specifically on the Elves and Lothlorien. 

I'm right there with those who posted above about wanting a "fantasy wedding that's not a costume party". That's exactly what I want as well. 

I'll be watching this thread too for more ideas! 
  • I wouldn't call my wedding Lord of the Rings themed but I love LOTR so I'm throwing in a few touches. For example instead of a veil I had a cape made. I had shorter capes made for each of my bridesmaids as well. Also my headpiece is elvish inspired circlet.

image image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @engagedhamstermom Holy crap, that is amazing!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards