April 2016 Weddings

Wedding Theme

Re: Wedding Theme

• No theme really...outdoor wedding with Pagan/Celtic elements.  At this point, we're not even sure about colors.
  • We don't have a theme but our color scheme is black, white, silver, and blush pink. We're trying to go for a very modern look (while staying on a budget).

• Oh wow! That will be lovely!
  • Newport, RI!
  • Yellow, blue (sapphire or royal), and silver are our colors. Was going to have a Starry Night by Van Gogh theme. But the things I want to include for it are a little pricey, so I just might go with a sunflower theme. My bridesmaid are going to have sunflowers in their bouquets and much of other flowers (pews, ceterpieces) are going to include sunflowers as well.
  • I'm really trying to pull off a under the sea/pirate theme wedding. It's not as easy as I want it to be lol
  • We are having a Harlem Reinanassine wedding. Our wedding colors are Purple and Orange with Silver accent
  • I always thought I would have a Fall wedding but now in April, I'm having a harder time picking colors for a theme. Maybe rose gold and blush pink. Still looking for another color to go with those.
  • what about peach or coral? I find it helpful to browse clothing websites and look at the color options. Macy's and Old Navy are great for this.
  • From the day I got engaged, I've been pretty much again having any sort of theme. I don't want my "colors" plastered everywhere either - I want everything to be coordinated and beautiful but in a more natural way. I chose an historic house for my venue because the surroundings lend themselves to a sort of rustic elegant theme, if I had to call it anything. Jeffrey A Miller (JAM) Catering is exclusive to the venue and over the past year they have incorporated a lot of elements that I like - farmhouse tables and mason jar lights in a clear-roofed tent adjacent to a fire pit under a string of lights, and they use things like wooden crates and barrels to display their farm-to-table fresh foods. Color-wise, my BMs are in storm gray and the GMs are in navy, but I'm relying more on the venue and fresh foods to create atmosphere and cohesion rather than my colors.
  • Vintage lace elements. Focusing mainly on our colors Horizon Blue, Canary yellow and seaglass. 
  • It will depend on the venue we will be able to secure (FH and I agreed on what we would love to have after the ceremony: a smallish restaurant booked just for us, eat in front/dance in back - we are having only 40 guests) and then I'd love white with red accents. If we can not get that, the other venues near/available are all crystal ball room type.. I may go overboard on the theme then.. But I'd love a small restaurant, awesome food, dance bare feet and drink lots of wine with our closest friends and family. And awesome red high heels.
  • COLORS: Sage, Ivory, Brown
    THEME: Primary -- Love Birds / Secondary -- Initials (L + L) Lydia and Larry
    VENUE: Sailsbury Beach, Sailsbury, Massachusetts / Indoor event hall overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, modern
    CEREMONY: Late morning
    RECEPTION: Brunch
  • I am having a Little Mermaid theme. Disney is a huge part of my life and the little mermaid has always been my favorite movie. It mostly comes across as a under the sea/beach theme but there are subtle hints of Ariel & Prince Eric.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards