Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Least tacky option (invitations)

Hello ladies,

I am sure I am over thinking this, but of course with the wedding getting closer, more stress = less clear thinking!

FI and I are putting our invitations together and getting them ready to be mailed this weekend.  We got our envelopes back from the calligrapher yesterday and we were starting to put liners and stamps on them when I noticed a typo she had made (Southwest instead of Southeast).  So I checked all of the envelopes and in total she had 6 envelopes with address typos.

So since we have put liners on some of them, would it be tacky to buy a few bigger envelopes and stick the incorrectly addressed envelope and invitations into it and mail it that way?  There are a couple that we could hand deliver, but I don't know what is less tacky etiquette wise - hand deliver or put in a bigger envelope?  Another issue I have is one household is getting 4 different invitations, and she happened to make a typo on 2 of them, so I don't want to redo the envelope myself (with my terrible handwriting) and have them think we forgot about them until the last minute!

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Least tacky option (invitations)

• Options
    Just tell her to re-do the 6 envelopes. You paid her for accuracy, not to transpose addresses incorrectly.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I was thinking about that, but I would have to mail her more envelopes (she is in Texas, I am in Oregon) and her mail them back to me. I guess it would be okay to mail those invites out late, but one of them is international and we were hoping to send it tomorrow since it took them a month to get our STD.

I did email her, maybe she will pay for overnight shipping or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    behsco90 said:

I was thinking about that, but I would have to mail her more envelopes (she is in Texas, I am in Oregon) and her mail them back to me. I guess it would be okay to mail those invites out late, but one of them is international and we were hoping to send it tomorrow since it took them a month to get our STD.

She absolutely should pay for overnight shipping. She's the one who messed up.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

She absolutely should pay for overnight shipping. She's the one who messed up.

***********************BOXES***************************

Okay thanks, I wanted to make sure I wasn't making a big deal over something small!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yeah, contact her first letting her know about the errors that you would like to send these invitations ASAP and see what she comes back with first... 
  • Options
    I agree with PP. She messed up and she needs to fix it. Put this back on her to correct ASAP. 
  • Options
    If she can't get the international envelope back to you in time I would just address a new envelope yourself.  The international guest will never know that it was supposed to be addressed in calligraphy.

• Options
    I would contact her and let her know about the errors and ask her to redo the envelopes. If they can't be redone in time, then I would just hand-address them and ask for a pro rata refund for the ones you have to hand-address.
  • Options
    You know... since you're worried about delays... depending on your relationship with the people in question, maybe you could just send them a quick text or whatever saying that the invites are being sent later than you hoped due to issues with your order but that they are on the way and you can't wait to see them. 

It's just a thought. It's something I would do if this happened to me. 

• Options
    You know... since you're worried about delays... depending on your relationship with the people in question, maybe you could just send them a quick text or whatever saying that the invites are being sent later than you hoped due to issues with your order but that they are on the way and you can't wait to see them. 

It's just a thought. It's something I would do if this happened to me. 
    I actually did something similar. I have a cousin in Japan, and even though I sent his invite early, I was still worried about how long it would take to get there. I sent him a digital file of the invite via facebook with a message about how his real invite was on the way, but I just wanted him to have all the details ASAP since he was travelling such a far distance. It was no big deal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards