Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress donation

I always thought that I would do a "trash the dress" shoot after my wedding, but the dress I picked is way to gorgeous and it would break my heart to do such a thing. Realistically, I know that any future daughters I have are probably not going to want to wear it since it will probably be out of style by then.

With that all said, I am pretty sure I am going to donate it. I did some research and found that a lot of places (including Brides Against Breast Cancer) take the donation and sell it to make money to donate to the cause. This is not what I want to do. I want to donate it to an organization that is going to give it to someone who genuinely needs it, without charging them. I would love for someone to feel as gorgeous in the dress as I did.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Dress donation

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Brides Against Breast Cancer is a great organization. But you have to clean your dress before they will take it. And pay for shipping. 

There was several Military/ veteran dress donation options also. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would check with your local charities and food pantries to see if they know of any brides-to-be in need. Small bridal salons in your area may have some insight as to how to get your dress to someone in need as well. 
  • I bought my dress from Brides For a Cause, which sells donated gowns to the public for discount prices; half the proceeds go to operating costs, and half go to Wish Upon A Wedding, which directly provides weddings (including dresses) to those in need. I haven't heard of any organization that directly gives donated gowns to brides in need.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards