New Jersey
Options

Venues in Northern NJ

I am recently engaged but my FI & I aren't planning on getting married until Spring of 2017. I know it is a long time but we want to start looking at venues. We are having about 150-175 people and we are looking to pay about $80-$120 pp. We are from Jersey City so any place in Hudson or Bergen County will be great. thanks in advance!

Re: Venues in Northern NJ

• Options
    Hi! I don't actually have any venue suggestions, but just had to say hello since I'm in exactly the same boat. Just engaged, looking for a spring or fall wedding in 2017, and not looking to spend a crazy fortune. We can be planning buddies - if I hear any good advice I'll let you know!
  • Options
    We got married at the Knoll Country Club last May. It's in Morris County but in your budget, and we loved it.
  • Options
    dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2015
    The Chart House

Nannina's in the Park

Smooth Sailing Celebrations -- she does all the work for you to have everything on a boat

The Newark Club in Newark atop Seton Hall Law School

Battello on Washington blvd in Jersey City

McLoons in Hoboken

Appian Way in Orange

the Women's Club of Glen Ridge

The Landmark in East Rutherford
  • Options
    Staying in that budget for Hudson County/Bergen County could prove to be difficult so be prepared to look outside at other places in other counties.

That being said, here are a few suggestions:

The Chart House/The Crab House in Weehawken (owned by the same people)

Maritime Parc

Liberty House

Fiesta 

Il Villagio

And on a side note, The Landmark in East Rutherford is now a furniture store.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    just a note: Nanina's is WAY above her price range, even in the off season :-(
  • Options

I think Newark Club, Martime Parc & Liberty House are way over budget, as well, based on quotes I received over a year ago booking short notice (when they are usually willing to give you a deal).

Il Villagio & the Glen Ridge Womens' Club both might be in budget.

• Options

I'm getting married in October at the IL Villaggio.  Call and speak with Patrick. He is super nice and very accommodating.  The place is really beautiful and the food is TO DIE FOR!!!

Good Luck!

• Options
    Nanina's quoted us $180 per person plus 20% service fee and 7% tax for a Saturday night in July. It would be super hard to get it for your price range unless you did an early morning wedding. We stopped by for a tour and people were there at 12... Pretty sure you can't get that price for Chart House or Liberty House, but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    Nanina's will be out of your budget for that time frame before taxes and gratuities.

The Tides Estate, Richfield Regency, Fiesta, and The Manor are all in your budget!
  • Options

Hi guys!

Same boat here... We got engaged recently and are looking at Spring of 2017.. We live in Jersey City but are also open to Staten Island where is where i grew up. We are looking at probably 175 people and would like to spend $120-$130 with all taxes and gratutities so we are open to Friday nights but would prefer Saturday. We looked at Nanina's for fun because my fiance wanted to... I honestly wasn't that impressed... I asked if they offer food tastings, etc and he was pretty much like "our reviews should speak for themselves." anyway, for a sunday afternoon they were in the budget, but i want a night wedding anyway. I also was a huge fan of Il Tulipano, but with taxes and all they were a little high. Any suggestions or prices you guys have been getting?

• Options
    I'm getting married at the Tides Estate in Summer 2017. Its beautiful they just built on a huge new ballroom which isn't even a year old yet and its so unlike all other places in North Jersey. It would be in your price range :) hope this helps!
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the Tides Estate in April 2016. I opted for a day/afternoon wedding. We're using the downstairs room and outdoor patio. It's definitely within your price range and it's all absolutely gorgeous. Good luck! 
  • Options
    Here are some quoted prices per plate I received when doing research for Northern NJ venue prices. Keep in mind these are general ranges for a Saturday fall wedding - something off-peak or on a Friday/Sunday will be cheaper. 

Biagios- 140-160 
    The Tides Estate- 175
    The Venetian- 150
    The Elan- 135
    Woodcliff Manor- 125
    The Bethwood- 80-120
    Ramsey County Club- 160
    Il Villagio- 165
    Hilton at Woodcliff Lake- 100
    The Graycliff- 90-110
    Knoll Country Club West- 100-140
    Nanina's in the Park- 200+
    The Manor Restaurant- 125
    Richfield Regency- 110
    Old Tappan Manor- 145
    NY Country Club- 135
    Paramount Country Club- 140
    The Rockleigh- 150-200
    Crystal Plaza- 200+
    The Park Savoy- 150+
  • Options
    blackbear and ballyowen are in that price range. part of cyrstal springs. not far from bergen county.
  • Options
    To stay in your price range, including tax and service charge for Hudson/Bergen County you will most likely have to have an afternoon wedding!  That's the only way we were able to get the price we wanted for our wedding.  We are having our reception at the Florentine Gardens and couldn't afford the evening wedding.  So if you are okay with afternoon, its possible!
  • Options
    Maritime Parc starts at $140pp for Saturday or Friday nights in the peak season. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards