Attire & Accessories Forum

Tradesy.com Wedding Dress Purchase Success

I had tremendous luck in finding my dream dress

After not great experiences at David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo, I booked an appointment for Demetrios Bridal at a Wedding Expo. I tried on a sample dress that was on sale from about $2,000 to $1,000, and for the first time me, my mom and my sisters had all agreed on a dress.

For whatever reason, we left the store without purchasing the dress, maybe I just felt too overwhelmed.

On a whim I Googled the designer and style number of the gown I tried on, and found a few sellers on Tradesy.com

Another bridal shop was selling the exact same dress, for under $500.00 because of a lipstick smudge on the dress.

I was extremely skeptical and scared, but decided to take a chance. I received my dress five days later and it was in great condition and I just couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I just wanted to share my experience if there is any chance it could help any other brides out there.

This site can also be used to sell your wedding dress after your big day if that is something you were looking into.

I attached some pictures so you can see for yourselves, also because I love my dress so much and there are only so many people in your life you can share the dress pictures with and still maintain some mystery for the wedding day.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Re: Tradesy.com Wedding Dress Purchase Success

• I too made a risky purchase for my dress online (different site though) and couldn't be happier! I think the important thing brides need to keep in mind with this is that it can be a great way to save money but it is a risk so make sure that you are able to get a different dress if the one you order ends up to not be what you were expecting. I told my fiance the cost of the dress I was ordering and the cost of the backup dress I would purchase if the one I was ordering didn't work out. We built our budget around both dresses just in case and now that my dress is a success we added what we saved into upgrades for booze for the guests. Also always check reviews and BBB (better business bureau) ratings if possible and I called the owner of the shop where I ordered my dress from and she addressed a lot of my concerns on how her prices seemed too good to be true.

I love your success story because I think it shows that with the internet now there are great ways for brides to save money if they are smart about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy to hear your dress worked out for you too! Since my wedding is still over nine months away, I knew I'd have time to figure something else out if I needed to, but I am so thrilled I get to put that money to better use, and still got my dream dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards