40-Plus Brides

Hello? Anybody Home?

edited June 2015 in 40-Plus Brides
Hi,

I see that most of the threads here are really old but I thought I'd say hello & introduce myself in case there is an active board here.  I hang out mostly on CC but I just got married and will turn 40 this year.  Happy to share experiences!  My wedding was my first and I didn't change a thing despite being a somewhat older bride.  

Anyway, hello!

Onefoot

Re: Hello? Anybody Home?

• Hi there! 42yo bride to be over here. Will get married next March (when I will be 43). This will be my second wedding.

Congratulations on your wedding!
  • Hi!  I am turning 40 next week and getting married next May.  Neither of us have been married before.  I'm so excited!  

@onefootinthebayou - tell us about your wedding and favorite parts about planning.  Any advice you want to share?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • laurad75 said:
    Hi!  I am turning 40 next week and getting married next May.  Neither of us have been married before.  I'm so excited!  

@onefootinthebayou - tell us about your wedding and favorite parts about planning.  Any advice you want to share?
    Hi!  Happy Almost Birthday :) 

I posted my wedding recap on Chit-Chat a few weeks ago if you're interested.  We had a short-ish engagement (6.5 months) but still threw a large wedding that was somewhat of a destination wedding since all of our family & friends are from all over the country.  Here is my recap:

My first piece of advice would be to read these boards (not sure how long you've been on here) b/c I learned so much about vendors, ideas, and etiquette by doing so.

I would also recommend planning to take time off afterwards, even if you are planning to delay your honeymoon.  I needed at least a week to recover!

I'm not sure if I have a favorite aspect of planning as it was a lot of work and I was never one of those little girls who always dreamed of her wedding.  In fact, I had never thought about how my wedding would be so it was like starting from a blank slate.  I started with a guest list, then venue, and then just picked off one vendor at a time, booking them as I went.  

We had a wonderful time though, I'm so excited to be married!

Good luck with your planning and don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other members for advice.  
  • I lurk on CC sometimes but maybe I should catch up over there more.  Is there a post I should look for regarding the uninvited guests?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards