New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Average wedding costs - cool stats

Very interesting article.  I'm from Chicago (5th most expensive area) and still wanting a wedding in the Hudson Valley area (4th most expensive) but the average costs of weddings blew me away!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Among-Most-Expensive-Places-to-Get-Married-305692811.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand

Re: Average wedding costs - cool stats

• Options
    I've seen those articles... You can honestly do things exactly as the wedding industry thinks you should plan a wedding, and yeah- you will spend a huge amount of money on one day in your life that no matter what will be memorable regardless of the linens, centerpieces, flowers and what have you.  My wedding venue total came out under 10k for everything included (even gratuity and tax) and it's totally doable to have a 15k wedding in hudson valley, it just depends on how flexible you are and how good your negotiating skills are.  I found multiple venues that worked with our budget which isn't very large since we are also in the process of buying a house.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm with you on that.  Mine is under 10K as well.  I'm going to lean on pinterest for decoration ideas to make it even more affordable and unique.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm doing my own bouquets and centerpieces.  It's going to save a lot of money! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards