Not Engaged Yet

Thirsty Thursday

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• @labro - how was Turn?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @bethsmiles I do have hulu plus, I'm not sure if it is on regular hulu.  If you don't have hulu plus looks like there's a free trial right now.  Actually I think you can watch episodes on the CW's website for free too. 
  • @minksat30 - it's definitely the worst alcohol related feeling. Even worse than a 40 hangover. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @Speakeasy14 - I looked on CW's website but it only had the later episodes in the season. I'll have to check out hulu. I used to have hulu plus but between amazon and Netflix it seemed pointless to have hulu as well. Of course they would be the ones to have season 2!

• @bethsmiles ugh looks like Hulu removed most of the season too. There's only the last 5 episodes available
  • @Speakeasy14 - Boo! Maybe I'll have BF's brother just find it for me on one of the sites he's always pirating shows/movies from. Season 3 comes out in October and I supposed Netflix might put it out then.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @caseface5 Cute dresses!!

@audrewuh It was good/ok. There were some episodes I found really interesting and really got in to and then there were episodes where I just felt really annoyed/tired of some characters or story lines. I think we'll watch next season as soon as Netflix posts it though. It's currently airing on AMC I think. I think what I LIKE a lot about the show is that it's during the Revolutionary War, and we all know how that ended....but you still really get wrapped up in the story and feel tense/nervous/in turmoil over it....even though you KNOW the Americans do win. So I think the show does a really good job of making you forget you know how it all ends.

• @eilis1228 and @minskat30, thanks. All I can do is offer her hugs and it really doesn't feel like it's enough.

@labro, I know SIL has booked a black-tie venue. DB's wedding will probably be formal. They're both in the frozen north, so I'm going floor-length if at all possible. I'll probably try to skate the edge between formal and black-tie and dress up or down with jewelry.

@twodimes, it's been several years since we had anyone living there. The staff take flowers, though - usually funeral, but there's more intrinsic fun in wedding. They can use them until they're too dirty. What use will I have for 20+ centerpiece swags?
  • @caseface5 - I love those dresses! So cute!

• TwoDimes said:
    minskat30 said:

@TwoDimes - I don't think that makes you 

I'm curious to know the rest of the sentence, @minskat30!!
    ------------------------
    Ugh, fail on my part!  I was going to say I don't think that makes you terrible, just human (your emotional outburst).  Its a scary thing to think about being with only one person for the rest of your life, but honestly the sex part just gets better with time if you are creative.  ;)
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches Definitely jealous of your black tie wedding!!! Please show us pics of your dress when you find one! I wish I was invited to an extra swanky affair just so I could have the excuse to get extra dressed up!

• @AlPacina - Totally fine by me! I really wish I liked smoking. I love the smell of it and am 100% ok with people smoking around me, I just don't like how I feel when I smoke so I stick to my booze. 

• GOSH YOU GUYS. SO. DAMN. CHATTY.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, because they won't refill my prescription unless I meet with the doc. I brought up adult ADD, and how I'm convinced that I have it. She referred me to their in-office psychologist, who is going to do a screening. I'm hoping that it will all work out. 

I had blood drawn, so I have tape stuck to my arm hair, and pulling that off is way worse than the needle, so I'm putting that off for as long as possible.

And, @alpacina, I'll join you with some
    james van der beek animated GIF

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @AlPacina - It's already been said, but talk to your H about what being engaged means to you. 

For me it was actively planning a wedding.  H didn't feel comfortable actively planning until the ring was on my hand and we announced to our families.  H and I had known for a good time before we got engaged that it was where our relationship is going.

Anniversary
  • saw this on buzzfeed and thought some of you might appreciate/relate:

link
  • I now have a dream. Get high with @GoldenPenguin. Added to my bucket list. ;)

• FYI Kate Spade fans - big sale plus additional 25% off (use code SETSALE)
  • I'm smuggling booze into my portion of the Thirsty Thursday parade. My prof can't write a quiz and wrote another one that I'll be taking all weekend.
  • @futuremrshistorian - How are the Outlander books? I've been thinking about watching the show but I might read the books first.

• @eilis1228 - That is the best! I love it when I get to move up a few rows!

If I'm not in group 1 boarding I will sit and wait and just be the last to board the plane. I hate standing in that damn line. WHY don't they board from the back of the plane to the front?!

• eilis1228 said:
    Totally Random Outburst That I Don't Want to Post on FB:
    Just checked into my flight for tomorrow and saw that a free seat further up on the plane was available. I got to switch from 27A to 13A for FREE. Also, when I printed my boarding pass, I saw I was Group 1 Boarding. 

The only thing that would make this better is if I somehow get "randomly selected" for TSA Pre-Check. 
    Love your news!....... But totally also love Andy dancing in the elevator. God I miss that show. :(

• AlPacina said:
    eilis1228 said:
    Totally Random Outburst That I Don't Want to Post on FB:
    Just checked into my flight for tomorrow and saw that a free seat further up on the plane was available. I got to switch from 27A to 13A for FREE. Also, when I printed my boarding pass, I saw I was Group 1 Boarding. 

The only thing that would make this better is if I somehow get "randomly selected" for TSA Pre-Check. 
    Love your news!....... But totally also love Andy dancing in the elevator. God I miss that show. :(
    Every time I get in an elevator by myself I'm tempted to do a dance while the door closes just because of this gif!

• @bethsmiles - I loved the first one.  I find a lot of romance novels kind of formulaic, but this one kept me guessing.  Also--the history in it is good, and the main character, Claire, is fabulously headstrong.  Strong female lead, interesting plot twists, and a nice combo of fantasy and historical fiction.  I've never seen the series, but if it's anything like the books I'm sure it's great!
  • @futuremrshistorian - I do love good historical fiction. I'm going to have to add these to my "to-read" list!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards