Wedding Party
Options

Venue limits bridesmaid count!

I am just starting my wedding planning and have not asked anyone to be in the bridal party yet. However, There are 5 people who are assuming they are in the party, normally this wouldn't be an issue, but the venue only allows for 3 bridesmaids. (We have decided to Marry on the Disney cruise in a private ceremony.) My sister, sister-in-law and cousin are my family that are assuming they will be in the party, but I have 2 best friends who have been through thick and thin with me. I don't want to have to choose but I have no choice. How do I decide without hurting anyone, they are all important to me.

Re: Venue limits bridesmaid count!

• Options
    How do the pull it off where they limit the bridesmaid count??  

Could you ask your friends to be readers instead?   Do these people even indicate that they'll go on the cruise? 
  • Options
    I would never agree to something like this. I'm not going to hand over my money to a person/organzation/whatever that dictates how many members of a bridal party are allowed.
  • Options
    They limit the bridal party due to space we chose for the ceremony, it only holds 30 people (It is on a private deck). So due to space only 3 people can stand with you, so that I understand. I would like to involve everyone but I don't want to pick and chose over anyone.
  • Options
    And they have all informed me that they are excited to go on a cruise wedding/vacation. I haven't gone into detail with anyone to prevent any further inferences. I am new to wedding planning and afraid that I am going to overwhelm my potential maids if I can't have them as maids.
  • Options
    downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    How did you find out about this rule? Did you read about it online or did someone who works on the weddings on the cruise tell you directly? It seems very strange that you'd have to limit your wedding party because of the venue, so I'd double check on that before moving forward. If that is indeed their rule and it's that important to you to include all of these family members and friends, you may have to decide what's more meaningful to you: getting married in this particular setting or getting married with all five of these people at your side.

• Options

I did read it in an online forum of previous brides. However I am currently trying to contact them directly now. I am hoping they can accommodate in some way. I do not want to give up my dream wedding, but these girls are my world!

• Options
    banana468 said:
    Why can't they all be BMs but they sit in the front while you exchange vows.

-------------------------------------------------BOXES-----------------------------------------------------

This. If the issue is with space for people to stand with you, just have them sit in the front row. 

• Options
    Derr2015 said:
    I am just starting my wedding planning and have not asked anyone to be in the bridal party yet. However, There are 5 people who are assuming they are in the party, normally this wouldn't be an issue, but the venue only allows for 3 bridesmaids. (We have decided to Marry on the Disney cruise in a private ceremony.) My sister, sister-in-law and cousin are my family that are assuming they will be in the party, but I have 2 best friends who have been through thick and thin with me. I don't want to have to choose but I have no choice. How do I decide without hurting anyone, they are all important to me.
    Are you getting married while at sea?  If your guests have to pay for a cruise or a fee to get on board the ship to attend the wedding you should be paying their costs.  If you're having the wedding in port and it's free for your guests to get on the ship for the duration of the ceremony and reception that's fine, however.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    This is exactly what I was going to say too. 
  • Options
    Derr2015 said:
    They limit the bridal party due to space we chose for the ceremony, it only holds 30 people (It is on a private deck). So due to space only 3 people can stand with you, so that I understand. I would like to involve everyone but I don't want to pick and chose over anyone.
    So how about not have a wedding party and just invite everyone as a guest?  This way they are all involved equally in your wedding day and you wouldn't have to limit yourself.

• Options
    I would never choose a venue over having my closest friends stand up with me. 

If they really can't accommodate (like putting them in the front row during the ceremony) I would be seriously reconsidering this venue. 
  • Options
    Viczaesar said:
    Derr2015 said:
    Are you getting married while at sea?  If your guests have to pay for a cruise or a fee to get on board the ship to attend the wedding you should be paying their costs.  If you're having the wedding in port and it's free for your guests to get on the ship for the duration of the ceremony and reception that's fine, however.

I was just wondering this myself if OP is paying for the cruise for guests to attend the wedding. 

My advice to OP is just not having a wedding party and everyone would be a guest so she doesn't have to worry about limiting the number of BMs.  But I also can't help but think that I would rather honor my nearest and dearest than worry about the venue if the venue couldn't accomodate them.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    This.

The wedding party doesn't *have* to physically stand with the B&G.  It has always struck me, as a BM, as unnecessary and annoying.

Ask however many ppl you want to be BMs and just allow them to all sit in the front row.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Ditto everyone else:

• Choose a new venue
    • Have no bridal party
    • Have just a BM & MOH
    • Have the full wedding party process down the aisle but then sit in front row (maybe have MOH/BM stand with you. Not required). You could also pre-seat their dates in the front row so they could sit with them during the ceremony. That's a luxury BP members rarely get.
    • Or just pick three girls. That's sad though.

Are you getting married at sea?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards