Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thirsty Thursday

124»

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    @AlPacina - Let us know how talking with your SO (BF? FI?) goes!

• Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2015
    Still no official word on my promotion other than I would have 100% gotten it if not for this paperwork snafu and should have started 7-1-15.  I spoke to my union rep who said she'd get with our local chairman and see what's up.  At the advice of another employee, I overnighted my promotional grade application to our central hiring agency.  Tomorrow I'm going to file a grievance on it because my actions were 100% based on the wrong information that our HR lady gave me, which I have in writing.  Her mistake, not mine.  If my grievance is "won" I'll be granted the next opening after my paperwork is processed and to be temporarily assigned into the position starting 7-1.

H found out today that he has to go to RI for a work convention.  Fingers crossed its open at work and I can go with him.  Even if we have to play for my airfare (although we'd probably tag-team driving) we'd get some meals and at least 3 nights in the hotel paid for by his work.

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment?  Angry Orchard.  I'm trying to get it all out of my system before we TTC. 
    Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening?   Sounds good.  There's a bottle of moscato in the fridge calling my name and I have nowhere to be until 8am tomorrow.
    What are 3 shows you're really into right now?  Ugh...none?  We unsubscribed to our service because we don't really watch anything new and almost everything else we own on DVD/bluray.  I did just have a huge marathon of Stargate, Firefly, and Sailormoon 
    EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)!     Today my co-worker officially got her new job she put in for and everybody kept coming in and calling her to "congratulate" her on it.  I'm happy for her - I know its what she wanted, but its kind of like a twisty knife every time I think about it because if I hadn't listened to our HR lady then I'd be getting a new job next week too (and mine would be a promotion!)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    @WildMagelet - That really sucks that your HR screwed you over. I hope they can straighten it all out for you.

• Options
    @WildMagelet - I LOVE FIREFLY SO MUCH.  Now that you brought it up I'm going to have to watch it again.  And again.  And again.
  • Options
    @WildMagelet - I LOVE FIREFLY SO MUCH.  Now that you brought it up I'm going to have to watch it again.  And again.  And again.
    Firefly is the best! How can you not love a show that has this line:

• Options

@eilis1228 - That is the best! I love it when I get to move up a few rows!

If I'm not in group 1 boarding I will sit and wait and just be the last to board the plane. I hate standing in that damn line. WHY don't they board from the back of the plane to the front?!

Because it makes too much sense! ;-) I agree with you though-- it would be so much more efficient board the plane that way. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AlPacina said:
    I now have a dream. Get high with @GoldenPenguin. Added to my bucket list. ;)
    YES. PLEASE.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards