Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR: Thank you note Q

Hey ladies,

Quick Q: I got two birthday gifts from 2 friends. One was a cake and and food at work with beer for home, I thanked her profusely and we sat and took our break together and ate cake. The other mailed a gift to my house and I immediately called her and thanked her.

Do I still need to send thank you notes or was in person / on the phone thank you's enough?

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: NWR: Thank you note Q

• Hey ladies, Quick Q: I got two birthday gifts from 2 friends. One was a cake and and food at work with beer for home, I thanked her profusely and we sat and took our break together and ate cake. The other mailed a gift to my house and I immediately called her and thanked her. Do I still need to send thank you notes or was in person / on the phone thank you's enough? Thanks!
    It's probably enough, but I'd write the note anyway.  Who doesn't like getting mail?  And I'm trying to "bring back" the Thank You note as it's not a thing typically done in my circle for whatever reason.  So, I'd err on the side of too much thanks rather than not enough.
  • Here's the thing:  No one has ever been offended by someone expressing sincere gratitude twice.  Is thanking them in person in this particular instance sufficient?  Sure.  But being a grateful person who takes extra time out to thank people with a personalized note is never the wrong answer.

I personally am in the habit of always sending a personalized note, because that's just how I roll.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards