Chit Chat
Options

AW: I'm married!!

And I couldn't have asked to anything more. The whole weekend has been so busy and fun and a marathon basically. It's been raining the entire month of June; so I was really worried about our outdoor wedding, but amazingly Friday was the only day it didn't rain this week. Thursday was our rehearsal: it went well except for this duck. The duck hated my bridesmaid, and actually chased her around and was biting her ankles during the whole rehearsal. I don't know where it came from, so there's that. Friday I woke up just extremely calm. I think mentally I had come to terms with "whatever happens happens". I had prepped, and coordinated everything I could, if it didn't work out at that point there was nothing I could do. My girls and I got to the venue early to get ready and it was stunning. The floral arrangements and decor were the exact visions in my head. My dad was super nervous walking me down the aisle, so he was speed walking; which caused my veil to catch on something- a chair or flower arrangement I guess? It pretty much yanked my head back, definitely not the formal entrance I had in mind but I thought it was funny and everyone laughed. The ceremony was short and sweet, the pastor did a great job making it unique and personalized to us. The pictures were SO FAST it was awesome! Someone thought to bring us some of the cocktail hour food (which was amazing because we had a bacon bar and I was so sad to miss out on that) and we got all the formal shots done in 30 minutes, so H and I had some time to just let everything soak in and have some private time before the party. The reception was a blur. Great food, lots of booze, and everyone danced the whole night. We were going to have a sparkler send off, but someone told me a storm was coming and we might not be able to do it, I said I'd rather keep dancing anyway. The storm didn't come though and we were able to do both! I drank a little too much: i kept telling everyone I'd be at the hotel bar for an afterparty but I fell asleep on the bus and H just put me to bed. Saturday morning we had breakfast with all the OOT Guests at the hotel, and then everyone came back to our house to eat the leftover wedding food and drink the booze: which turned into an all day house party. This morning we went to brunch with everyone who stayed the whole weekend and it was so great to have extra time with our guests. All said and done, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and I can't wait for our honeymoon next week!!

Re: AW: I'm married!!

• Options
    Holy hell the back of your dress is STUNNING! I love the pics! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Beautiful dress. Charlotte is stunning, also.

• Options
    So stunning, congratulations! I have to ask, what is a bacon bar and where do I get one?
  • Options
    Congratulations!! And OMG your dress is PHENOMENAL.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! Your dress is amazing! Wow!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! 

• Options
    Congrats!  You look amazing!
    Anniversary

• Options

Congratulations! Your dress is stunning.

Tell me more about this bacon bar......

• Options
    Your dress is stunning and you all look great - I really mean that - but what on EARTH is a bacon bar and where can I partake of this wondrous thing?
  • Options
    Congrats!!

But also
     1) I need that dress, you look gorgeous!
     2) I need your dog
     3) I need a bacon bar, whatever that may be!
  • Options
    You all are the best! 

Okay so bacon bar: There's a bar we go to pretty often with our friends for happy hour, and on Tuesdays its "bacon night" where they litterally just give out baskets of bacon instead of chips or bread. Free bacon every 10 minutes. AMAZING.

H and I decided this was Completely necessary at the wedding, so we adapted it for happy hour and had a station that was just multiple flavors of bacon. Apparently everyone was waiting around for more and descended like Sharks each time a plate was refilled 
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015
    Congratulations! It looks like y'all had a blast. I love your dress!

• Options
    Congrats! I also love your dress and your "dog of honor" is adorable!

• Options
    I love everything about this!!! GORGEOUSSSSSSS! congrats!

• Options
    Gaaaahhh your dress is so beautiful! Congratulations and welcome to the OMH club!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Everything sounds wondering and that dress is absolutely stunning!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! Your dress is so amazing! and you two look so happy and gorgeous together!!

Enjoy!
  • Options
    I loooooove your dress!

• Options
    You look gorgeous!! Love your dress and your bouquet! Congrats!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Gorgeous! I absolutely love your dress!

Also, the picture of you and your H dancing is great :)
  • Options
    beautiful!!! and that dress' back, damnnn!!! 

congrats so exciting!!!

• Options
    Congratulations!  That's got to be one of the prettiest bouquets Ive ever seen!

SaveSave
  • Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful & that DRESS! Gorgeous. Sounds like a blast and I apologize, I laughed at the duck story!
  • Options
    Shit that dress is stunning!!  Which dress is it??  Congratulations too

• Options
    @onefootinthebayou I thought it was hilarious, she didn't though. 

@WinstonsGirl Claire Pettibone's Orange Blossom. 

I fell in love with this dress in a photo a long time ago and searched and searched for something more affordable but similar style. I couldn't find anything comparable with that gorgeous back, so I tracked it down "just to try it on." 
    I felt guilty spending so much on a dress, but it was worth it. My drunk self was bawling when we got back to the hotel because it was so beautiful I never wanted to take it off. 

I took it to the cleaners ASAP. Part of me wants to frame it or keep it forever; part of me wants to let anothe bride enjoy it...I can't decide yet. 
  • Options
    Gorgeous! Congrats!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Beautiful! COngrats!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I love your dress!!!  Congrats!! :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards