Wedding Etiquette Forum

thank you notes

Let me start by thanking everyone here for their help!  I feel like this past week I have been asking more questions here then I have in a year!!

I am writing my thank you notes from my shower that was Sunday.  One of my aunts gave me money signed from her and her SO.  Then she also got me a physical gift signed from her, my other aunts, and grandma.  I know with monetary gifts you write how generous they are and what you plan to use it for (but do not include the amount).  I am assuming I can send one thank you even though SO is not on the second gift? Also, do I say how much I like the physical gift and what I plan to use the money for too??  I may be thinking to much into this...

Re: thank you notes

• Let me start by thanking everyone here for their help!  I feel like this past week I have been asking more questions here then I have in a year!!

I am writing my thank you notes from my shower that was Sunday.  One of my aunts gave me money signed from her and her SO.  Then she also got me a physical gift signed from her, my other aunts, and grandma.  I know with monetary gifts you write how generous they are and what you plan to use it for (but do not include the amount).  I am assuming I can send one thank you even though SO is not on the second gift? Also, do I say how much I like the physical gift and what I plan to use the money for too??  I may be thinking to much into this...
    yep.       Send her a TY for both gifts, even though the SO wasn't listed for the other gift.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:

Let me start by thanking everyone here for their help!  I feel like this past week I have been asking more questions here then I have in a year!!

yep.       Send her a TY for both gifts, even though the SO wasn't listed for the other gift.
    ditto this.  Also send TY notes to the other ladies who contributed to the physical gift.
  • Good with one card to aunt for both gifts and the other people that went in on physical gift each get their own card too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards