Hawaii

Wedding Day Timeline

Hi Ladies,

what are your timelines looking like for the day?  our ceremony and reception are in 2 different places so we will have travel time between each.  we were originally planning on having dinner being served at 6:45 but that is the time the sunset so our photographer wants us to still be taking pictures at that time.  I feel like serving dinner at 7:30 might be a bit late....

what are you doing?  

thanks!

Re: Wedding Day Timeline

• We had our ceremony on Ulua beach (in March) and then had the reception at the Mala Wailea so not more than a 10 minute walk apart. Below is the rough time line I had with my photographers, we were also getting ready at the Marriott so we did not really have to factor in travel time to this. I knew my group tended to eat dinner late anyway so I was not worried about having a little bit of a later dinner. Also as soon as people were done taking pictures they headed up to the restaurant for cocktail hour while we finished our sunset pictures. 

3:00 - Getting Ready, Details
    4:15 - Bride portraits, Groom portraits, Bridal Party and Groomsmen  
    5:15 - Ceremony
    5:35 - Family/Group Photos
    5:55 - Sunset Portraits 
    6:30 - Reception 
  • We had ceremony and reception at the same location. 

10am - Bruch with DH
    1pm - Started getting ready (myself and 1 MOH)
    3pm - started photos of me, MOH, my family
    3:30 - headed over the venue (5 min walk)
    4pm - ceremony
    4:30 - cocktail hour/photos
    5:30 - dinner began
    8pm - Polynesian Show
    9pm - Lost amplified music so after party in the restaurant with karaoke

• I haven't gotten married yet, but dinner is planned for 7 pm - as based on our caterer's suggestion after a 5 or 5:30 pm ceremony.  Appetizers  will be passed around so dinner a littler should't be a problem if you do the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards