Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

Anyone around today?  It's my last day this week.  

We're supposed to have a cookout tomorrow.  My IL's are being pills about coming over, but if they don't come over then that means we don't see SIL and my nieces (because SIL committed to being with the IL's).  DH said MIL cried last night when they were discussing plans for Friday. Probably because my IL's have this 'thing' about all their kids being together.  They're going to BIL's with SIL for 4th of July and we're not going because we have a wedding (however, the wedding is at 6pm on the 4th and we have nothing going on before it...so we could have hung out, on Friday, part of Saturday, and on Sunday).  But if people would STOP being passive-aggressive about shit, maybe we could have convinced BIL (and SIL) to come here, but because people didn't...MIL is crying that her kids won't be together.  *eyeroll*   

In other news, my dad is trying to make all of us worry about even more than we do normally.  He had surgery last week and then ended up in the ER last night after a freak accident.  He was loading the dishwasher and a wine glass broke.  When he went to retrieve the broken glass, he misjudged or didn't see a piece and slit his wrist.  

What are your weekend plans? 

Re: Morning

• Options
    2 more things:

I got a new phone last night....The Galaxy S6.  I love it. 

Yulu yogurt is awesome.  Especially honey and vanilla.  Put in a little granola and it's a mouth party. 
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Holy crap at all of that Conn.  I hope your dad is okay, but I'm sure he is since you didn't mention anything else.  What a weird accident.

Also add my *eyeroll* to yours for your MIL.  This is an adult right?  How manipulative.  Seriously.  :-/

My weekend will be weird.  H works both Friday and Saturday and I'm guessing he'll end up forced OT on Saturday night because of the holiday and it's his turn to come up in rotation.  So my weekend will be hanging with H a bit, then trying to keep myself busy.  I do have a race on Saturday, so that's exciting. 

We're also hammering out our vacations for this year.  We're joining a few couples from H's work over a long weekend right after Labor day with their families at a lake house, so that should be fun.  I know one couples' kids and though there are something like 6 (yes, I suck at counting), they're all really good kids.  Actually, I think there are 7.  *shrug*

And VEGAS in November, so there is that.  :)
  • Options
    6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment

You aren't together on the 4th?  Big eye roll.  I hope your dad is ok!

The weather cleared up enough that I have to take the kids swimming with MIL today. At least I can take a moment and go down the lazy river with 6let.

Tomorrow I'm taking the van in for new tires.  I'm excited because I can drop the van then wander through several stores ALL BY MYSELF.

Saturday is neighborhood parade and picnic then Crew game and fireworks.  Sunday is wide open. 

• Options

ftrMrs0 said:
    Holy crap at all of that Conn.  I hope your dad is okay, but I'm sure he is since you didn't mention anything else.  What a weird accident.

Yes, he's fine. :) They stitched him up and sent him home.  I read him the riot act on no more stitches. 
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Also, FWP here-but every day I have to sign in at least twice. I  don't know if it's because I'm using a private browser, but FFS. 
  • Options
    6again6again member
    And I made some darn good blueberry jam yesterday.  Who am I that I do this?  and get excited?
  • Options
    Morning.  I'm a little tired this morning after getting home late last night from Son's games.  Oface, we were in your city.  You are welcome for not skin-suiting you.

6again said:
    And I made some darn good blueberry jam yesterday.  Who am I that I do this?  and get excited?
    My sad excitedness comes from the grocery store sales this week.  I have it all planned out and am really excited.  And then sad.

DH and I have decided to leave the girls with my parents while we go to the state tournament next weekend.  They were a lot to handle last weekend and it wasn't their fault.  There's just not a lot for them to do and my bag of tricks is only so deep.  They will be excited to go stay with my parents, so they won't even be sad they aren't going to stay in the hotel (which is something they really love for some reason).
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2015
    .  They will be excited to go stay with my parents, so they won't even be sad they aren't going to stay in the hotel (which is something they really love for some reason).
    DefConn also loves a hotel stay.  He's excited about our trip to NC since we'll by staying in a hotel on the way out.  It must be a little kid thing.  

Also, he puts quite the twang on the word 'hotel'.  It's hilarious. 
  • Options
    Half day today, then I'm outta here.  I'm supremely unmotivated.

I went to the F/U Pride wrap up meeting (that I had to suggest).  You guys, the people who put on my city's Pride are kids.  I don't think anyone there was over 25 and I might be aging them out a bit. And they rocked it.  Some of their inexperience shows when it comes to some things (no wrap up meeting to examine what went well, what didn't, problems recognized, suggestions to solve, money in/out, etc.), but 90% of it is absolutely awesome.  From now on, people who complain about the "millennials" problem?  I will inform them they are full of shit.  These people are impressive as hell.

I don't think we have anything for the weekend and I'm glad.  I'm actually considering an impromptu camping trip somewhere, not sure where yet.  I need book and silence.

• Options
    I'm with your kids - I love staying in hotels. 

DK and I both have tomorrow off, but Wolverine has school, so we get to have a date day. Not sure what we're going to do. Wolverine's school is having a cookout tomorrow night, so we're going to that. 

We're planning to meet up with friends and get dinner/see fireworks on the 4th. hopefully the weather holds up, and they have them at the same place as last year. (I can't find any info online.)

We've been home from Scandinavia for a month now, and I'm already wanting to go somewhere else. Horrible wanderlust. We have a trip to Philly in October, and I'm trying to plan something for St Louis in December and FL (Tampa and Miami)/the Bahamas in February.

• Options
    6again6again member

I can take or leave a hotel, but the kids love it for the pool. 

I successfully pissed off MIL today.  After 2 hrs of attempting to swim in 68* and overcast I called it quits.  She asked if we wanted to come back to her house.  Nope.  Then she said maybe it would be better off to do a spur of the moment one next time.  I told her any spur of the moments and next time would have to be her coming to me.

(We had mac and cheese with stirred in cheez whiz.  It was finished on the stove when we got there at 10:45.  We didn't eat until 11:15)

• Options

6again said:

(We had mac and cheese with stirred in cheez whiz.  It was finished on the stove when we got there at 10:45.  We didn't eat until 11:15)

That's gross.  Not just the cheez whiz, but the sitting for a half hour and congealing. 
  • Options
    That is nas-tay.  Even some damn Kraft mac n cheese is way better than that.
  • Options
    6again6again member
    It was Kraft Mac and cheese...with added whiz.
  • Options
    But...why?
  • Options
    6again6again member

Because they are weird?  Same woman dumped canned green beans, bacon bits, and frozen diced onions in a crockpot overnight for Christmas.  Chili is hamburger, can of beans, and V8.  Homemade vegetable soup is condensed soup, water, and a potato.

The only thing I've ever made that they raved about was lime fluff- 4 ingredients dumped and stirred. 

• Options
    I mean, I recognize some of her cooking things as just the leftover 50s methods.  

I just don't get adding cheese whiz to something that already has cheese in it. I had thought she boiled noodles, then added cheese whiz.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards