May 2016 Weddings
Options

We can buy our plane tickets!

I'm so excited! I've spent the last two months staring at travel sites and putting in fake dates within the booking range to get an idea on prices because for some reason they don't schedule flights a year out; finally finally our dates are within range! We're going to Hawaii, our hotel is already booked, and we should have plane tickets by the end of this week. YAY!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We can buy our plane tickets!

• Options
    That's so exciting.  We are considering Hawaii for our honeymoon too.  Where are you staying and how did you pick that island?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're staying on Oahu, mostly because that's where FI most wanted to go of all the places we were looking at, and all the places in Hawaii in particular. He's been to Maui before and wouldn't mind going again, but said he'd prefer if we did something new together, and he'd really like to see Pearl Harbor and explore the museums and galleries and stuff in Honolulu. Having so much city stuff to do will also offer me a lot of escapes from the sun, since I burn easily, but there's still a ton of outdoor stuff.

A small part of our decision was a family friend's offer of her timeshare in Honolulu; her offer was for any of her several timeshares, but there was only the one in Hawaii. It was a hard ten minute debate between Honolulu and Cabo San Lucas, but family friend said she liked Hawaii better and we should go there.

I've read a lot of things basically ranking Oahu last for honeymoons, but I think it depends on what you're looking for. We enjoy exploring cities, so Honolulu will be a ton of fun for us; if you're looking for a beachy escape-from-reality feeling, one of the other islands might be better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So jealous! We can't book our honeymoon flights until 8 months out. Heading to Croatia and Hungary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards