Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Toppings for sundae bar? (XP)

I'm planning to have a sundae bar (as well as cake) at my reception.  There are approximately 90 adults and 5 kids.  The ice cream is only vanilla and chocolate and the venue provides the chocolate sauce and cherries, but I'm providing the other toppings. 

How much of each topping do you think is a good amount? 

How many bags of M&Ms, chocolate chips, reeses pieces? 

Any other toppings that you think I should include?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Toppings for sundae bar? (XP)

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    luckya23 said:

I'm planning to have a sundae bar (as well as cake) at my reception.  There are approximately 90 adults and 5 kids.  The ice cream is only vanilla and chocolate and the venue provides the chocolate sauce and cherries, but I'm providing the other toppings. 

How much of each topping do you think is a good amount? 

How many bags of M&Ms, chocolate chips, reeses pieces? 

Any other toppings that you think I should include?

Honestly, I would probably get only one chocolate choice. Choose M & M's or chocolate chips. I often get stoned for saying this aloud, but I am not a huge chocolate fan. I drown things in marshmallow, which I realize is probably not popular, either. I would ask you to consider something non-chocolate, though, such as caramel or butterscotch. Is fresh fruit an option? Everyone loves sprinkles! Now I have a craving for a sundae with marshmallows and crushed graham cracker crumbs!
  • Depends on how much of a sundae bar you want.

Oreos
    gummy bears
    sprinkles
    brownies
    reese's (crushed up or minis)
    whipped cream
    cookie dough peices
    strawberry/pineapple sauces
    caramel
    butterscotch

I cant tell you how many bags of what you would like because it depends on the number of toppings you get.

If you need any other ideas, just go into a frozen yogurt place (like pink berry) and look at their toppings.
  • you want to keep in mind peanut or peanut butter allergies keep those seperate from the other toppings and have them labeled.

• My wedding was last week, so thanks everyone!! 

I had a ton of toppings left over, since probably half the people left by then, and the other half were hardly in the mood for ice cream with pouring rain at 60 degrees!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards