Plus-Sized

Plus Sized Bridesmaid Dress

I need suggestions for dresses that are flattering to my plus sized bridesmaids. My ladies are various sizes but a few have larger tummy areas than others. I'm not worried about hips and boobs as much as I am waistlines. What type of dresses are flattering to both a larger stomach and a flatter stomach? 

Re: Plus Sized Bridesmaid Dress

• tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hi

My girls are all different sizes and shapes....we ended up ordering the dresses from Azazie.com they custom make each dress for your bridesmaids.....they start at 99.00 and go to I think 129.00 was the highest. I picked 7 dresses and let the girls choose which one they liked the best and would fit their body shape the best. They have a ton of colors..and send out swatches for you to see the colors. 

We just got the dresses in the mail the other day and they are amazing! 

Good Luck

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The women in my daughter's wedding party varied in height from 5 foot to 6 foot, and their dress sizes ranged from 2 to 24. She asked them all to pick a black dress that made them feel lovely and comfortable. It is the easiest and best solution. The suggestions should come from the women themselves. They know what works best.
  • tj&cw said:
    Hi

My girls are all different sizes and shapes....we ended up ordering the dresses from Azazie.com they custom make each dress for your bridesmaids.....they start at 99.00 and go to I think 129.00 was the highest. I picked 7 dresses and let the girls choose which one they liked the best and would fit their body shape the best. They have a ton of colors..and send out swatches for you to see the colors. 

Good Luck

Thank you so much. This is a great site and their dresses are CUTE!
  • kkcc2015kkcc2015 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2015

tj&cw said:

Hi

Good Luck

Thank you so much. This is a great site and their dresses are CUTE!
    ETF: stuck in the box *******************

You could do the same thing at David's Bridal (or Alfred Angelo, or similar chain brick and mortar stores), so that if your bridesmaids preferred to actually try a style/color on, they're able to do this. Maybe pick a color/material from one and let them choose their own dress.
  • tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    My girls tried the dresses on this weekend and they were amazing! I think I am going to order one for my bachelorette weekend. 

Good luck to you all! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That azazie site is fantastic! I've got two bridesmaids that are like a size 2, and three that are size 20+ so the variety is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • I also will be using Azazie for my BMs since I live in Texas and they all live back in California, it'll be easier to just tell them my colors and let them pick whatever styles they like. :P Plus, my girls are all different shapes and sizes (like humans tend to do), and I feel like the custom sizing option Azazie offers will really help them. It's free, too, so...Can't beat that!
  • Zombie thread is from last year.  Please don't resurrect old threads just to make a comment. @KnotRiley , can you close this old thread, please?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards