Snarky Brides

I'm just gonna leave this GoFundMe here and get popcorn.

"A GoFundMe account for the sister of the man accused of gunning down nine people inside an historically black church in downtown Charleston was taken down Thursday. She was asking for help recovering expenses from her wedding that was delayed."

Because her brother killed 9 people and ruined her special day. 

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/29462198/sister-of-accused-emanuel-ame-asks-for-fresh-start-on-gofundme-page

Re: I'm just gonna leave this GoFundMe here and get popcorn.

• While I think the GFM for this is insane, I feel bad for her.  No, having your wedding screwed up is not comparable to the lives lost, but it can still suck to know that you put money into an event that was cancelled for actions not your own.  

• banana468 said:
    While I think the GFM for this is insane, I feel bad for her.  No, having your wedding screwed up is not comparable to the lives lost, but it can still suck to know that you put money into an event that was cancelled for actions not your own.  

----------------BOXES----------------------------------
    And while it's ok to feel this way on the inside, you keep that shit to yourself and realize that at least you and your family are alive. And that while you may have lost wedding money, you're not paying for a funeral. And because you feel grief for the people who lost their lives and their families, you set up a GFM to maybe help them out with those funeral costs.
  • banana468 said:
    While I think the GFM for this is insane, I feel bad for her.  No, having your wedding screwed up is not comparable to the lives lost, but it can still suck to know that you put money into an event that was cancelled for actions not your own.  

----------------BOXES----------------------------------
    And while it's ok to feel this way on the inside, you keep that shit to yourself and realize that at least you and your family are alive. And that while you may have lost wedding money, you're not paying for a funeral. And because you feel grief for the people who lost their lives and their families, you set up a GFM to maybe help them out with those funeral costs.
    Well, yeah.   You don't turn your wedding into a charity because the situation would helped you gain perspective.   Like, at least you DO have your health and your family and putting on a party is NOT A CHARITY! 

But having an asshole brother whose actions fucked up your wedding plans sucks.  And for that I do feel bad.   But yeah, that's where the sympathy ends too.  
  • I saw this link on Facebook and immediately came to the snark board, too! It's apparently been taken down now, but it still blows my mind. Super bold and insensitive move.
  • Her brother was openly racist and spoke many times publicly about wanting to "start a race war" and wanting to murder black people. She and everyone else in his family and friends would have seen this behavior repeatedly and done nothing about it, which (along with the fact that racism like that doesn't develop in a vacuum) suggests that they were all deeply racist as well. Fuck her and fuck her wedding and fuck her gofundme.
  • Her brother was openly racist and spoke many times publicly about wanting to "start a race war" and wanting to murder black people. She and everyone else in his family and friends would have seen this behavior repeatedly and done nothing about it, which (along with the fact that racism like that doesn't develop in a vacuum) suggests that they were all deeply racist as well. Fuck her and fuck her wedding and fuck her gofundme.

Really? Are we sure she's a racist? Are we sure she could stop it? Those are some serious accusations.

• banana468 said:
    Her brother was openly racist and spoke many times publicly about wanting to "start a race war" and wanting to murder black people. She and everyone else in his family and friends would have seen this behavior repeatedly and done nothing about it, which (along with the fact that racism like that doesn't develop in a vacuum) suggests that they were all deeply racist as well. Fuck her and fuck her wedding and fuck her gofundme.
    Really? Are we sure she's a racist? Are we sure she could stop it? Those are some serious accusations.
    I think it's pretty safe to say if your brother is posting on his facebook and telling his friends he wants to murder black people and you don't alert the authorities or attempt to get him help, and then after he actually does go ahead and murder nine people in a church after saying he has to because they're "raping white women" your first response is to ask for money because your wedding got delayed yeah, it's pretty safe to assume you're probably more than a little racist.

• banana468 said:

Her brother was openly racist and spoke many times publicly about wanting to "start a race war" and wanting to murder black people. She and everyone else in his family and friends would have seen this behavior repeatedly and done nothing about it, which (along with the fact that racism like that doesn't develop in a vacuum) suggests that they were all deeply racist as well. Fuck her and fuck her wedding and fuck her gofundme.

I think it's pretty safe to say if your brother is posting on his facebook and telling his friends he wants to murder black people and you don't alert the authorities or attempt to get him help, and then after he actually does go ahead and murder nine people in a church after saying he has to because they're "raping white women" your first response is to ask for money because your wedding got delayed yeah, it's pretty safe to assume you're probably more than a little racist.

Or they were estranged, she was a bad sister, she didn't know what to do...

I'm not saying it's impossible for you to be wrong but your reasoning isn't proving that she's a racist. It's proving that she's made bad decisions.
  • sylveonplath - clearly likes to judge others. I don't think she's qualified to pass judgement on any one or their situation (since she reeks of bitterness). While GoFunMe wasn't the right move, I'm not FB friends with my sister. We are estranged. For all I know she could be hating on white people or black people, but I'd never know. We don't have any common friends. Things like this happen in families. Apparently your life is perfect, but with a user name like that it sounds like you might have some deeper issues you need to get help for. I love her work, but it is depressing
  • sylveonplath - clearly likes to judge others. I don't think she's qualified to pass judgement on any one or their situation (since she reeks of bitterness). While GoFunMe wasn't the right move, I'm not FB friends with my sister. We are estranged. For all I know she could be hating on white people or black people, but I'd never know. We don't have any common friends. Things like this happen in families. Apparently your life is perfect, but with a user name like that it sounds like you might have some deeper issues you need to get help for. I love her work, but it is depressing
    Okay, now who's judging?
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
    I'm not ashamed to be "bitter" about racially motivated violence or my penchant for pokemon puns.
    I'm not ashamed to be "bitter" about racially motivated violence or my penchant for pokemon puns.
    I think most of us are bitter about racially motivated violence.

But just as it's not OK to judge someone based on their skin, it's also not OK to judge someone because of her last name and DNA.    That GFM is abhorrent as selfish but I don't think she should be lumped into the same category as a mass murderer. 
  • banana468 said:
    sylveonplath - clearly likes to judge others. I don't think she's qualified to pass judgement on any one or their situation (since she reeks of bitterness). While GoFunMe wasn't the right move, I'm not FB friends with my sister. We are estranged. For all I know she could be hating on white people or black people, but I'd never know. We don't have any common friends. Things like this happen in families. Apparently your life is perfect, but with a user name like that it sounds like you might have some deeper issues you need to get help for. I love her work, but it is depressing
    I think most of us are bitter about racially motivated violence.

But just as it's not OK to judge someone based on their skin, it's also not OK to judge someone because of her last name and DNA.    That GFM is abhorrent as selfish but I don't think she should be lumped into the same category as a mass murderer. 
    Can you not put "juding someone based on their skin" on the same level as "pointing out that racism that virulent doesn't tend to happen in a vacuum"?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards