Wedding Woes

So apparently the septic-pumping guy was just at my house...

we have a 1000 gallon septic tank.

he pumped 1500 gallons out of it.
It's currently re-filling with the water from the field behind our house because the farmer there has done a shittastic job of maintaining the field tile and is the cause of this entire drainage-system mess we're in, because he messed up some of his field drainage and allowed it to mess up everything else and didn't care that it screwed up all the homes on this side of the road.

I no longer feel any pity for the amount of cash the farmer is paying for the drainage project.
The drainage project that will span the entire length AND width of my property.  It may take down my favorite 3 trees (they'll try not to kill them, but no promises), and have an easement that will more than double our property taxes for the next 20 years.

The drainage project that they can't start until the standing water goes away.  And it has rained 6 more inches since Monday.

I guess I'm not doing laundry tonight again.  Unless we illegally run hoses back so we can illegally dump our waste water into the farmers field.
Fuck.

Re: So apparently the septic-pumping guy was just at my house...

• OMG, that's bullshit. 
  • Shit.  That totally sucks.  I think several margaritas are in order.  Or whatever you can get your hands on, really.
  • I guess it depends where you are, but you may get the farmer to pay for temporary relocation so that you can live in an inhabitable area while the work is going on. Hopefully .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• GBCK said:

I guess I'm not doing laundry tonight again.  Unless we illegally run hoses back so we can illegally dump our waste water into the farmers field.
    Fuck.

Sometimes, things happen, y'know?  Hoses go crazy, who knows.

Sorry, GB. That's just amazingly horrible.
  • 6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Dude that's awful!  I'm so sorry.
  • I'm usually the one that thinks people now are sue happy, but in this case you should for sure sue!
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    eh, I "know" the cause of the problem but there's no way in hell I could prove it.

we may have gotten some of it reduced down last night, by pumping out gray water--not sewage water, promise .

Still a pain.  still not a long term solution

• I'm usually the one that thinks people now are sue happy, but in this case you should for sure sue!
    Here's how you prove it...  You hadn't had your tank sucked since (normal dates) and since he put the tiling in you've had it sucked how many times...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards