Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2015 in Wedding Woes
Vacation countdown mode has officially started... 7 more days!!!

DH and I decided to be totally irresponsible and get taco bell after 8pm last night because we hadn't had dinner and didn't want to eat leftovers. (I was a little tipsy and thought it sounded like an excellent idea) 

@heffalump -The carrier works well.  The cross bars we bought, which are not GM brand (we have an Acadia) work perfectly and are half the price as the GM ones.  If you're going to get a carrier, get one that opens from the side, not the back.  The one we got is a SportRack.  The other ones we looked at were Thule.  For something we'll use about 2x a year, the set-up works for us. 

What's up for the weekend? 

Today/tonight: Cleaning house and shopping
Tomorrow: Packing, more cleaning, oil change/tire rotation, cookout at the IL's
Sunday: Finishing up anything that needs to be done, Minion movie with DefConn and my parents, dinner with my family for my mom's bday. 

Re: Friday!!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Birthday party for 17 yo nephew tomorrow.  I will bite my tongue.  DH has a lot to do but for some reason feels the NEED to be there tomorrow.  2-4 and an hour+ drive on either end.

I'm hoping FIL takes the kids to see the Minion movie Sunday.  He mentioned it and I'd like to have a few hours to make some peach salsa and go to Kohl's.  I have a 30% off coupon and a $10 promo card for my birthday.

Today I need to call Costco to see if they sell Build a Bear gift cards.  There's one in Gatlinburg DH feels the need to take the kids to.

I also need to call the township to see if they have everything for our zoning permit so I can go get a building permit.  It's only been a week, but the permit person was arrested for theft in office so they have an interim.  They told me to call when I dropped it off so I will.

• Options
    6fsn said:

I also need to call the township to see if they have everything for our zoning permit so I can go get a building permit.  It's only been a week, but the permit person was arrested for theft in office so they have an interim.  They told me to call when I dropped it off so I will.

Heh...Oopsie! Maybe things will run smoother without a thief in the office. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

They said the interim person is reading the regs as she tries to approve things.  I don't have high hopes.

I'm also a little jealous you can pack this weekend.  The down side of only having so many clothes is we'd be naked all week if we packed too soon. 

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    That's awesome Conn.  I giggled my way through the entire thing. 

You only have one Permit person, 6?  That's nuts.

I've been over on the dark side all week.  The Bump chicks are crazy but mostly in a good way.  Take that with a grain of salt. 

This weekend is up in the air.  I don't have many plans, but what I do have are piddly and probably just time consuming.  Bday party for nephews on Sunday and seeing Friend on Saturday.
  • Options
    We can pack swimsuits and clothes we know we won't wear over the next week.  But the bulk of clothes packing will happen after my final laundry push on Tues/Weds. 
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    s/o Vacations---I finally booked out hotels for Las Vegas (race trip with family in November) and we "saved" $250+ between Hotels.com, rebates and mr.rebates.  WOO.  Now I get to spend the exorbitant prices for airline tickets without cashing in retirement!
  • Options
    I've got to get some templates set up b/c of a business thing taking off that I didn't really expect to.  I'm working on a website this weekend and apparently organizing another big event.  Whoot!  I'd complain, but really, this is the stuff I like doing and being busy with.  I'm good at this level.  Bored Varuna is not Happy Varuna.

DH has his big fundraiser tonight.  We volunteer at the food pantry tomorrow.  Rest of my time will be spent reading/designing and planning.
  • Options
    I don't know what we're doing this weekend.  Which is weird. 

Good to know about the carrier, mrs.conn.  We've looked at Thule but haven't done any serious shopping.  The car came with the side rails, but I think we'd need more than that to install it.

Maybe I'll finally go get that massage this weekend.  It is my birthday next week...
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

Good to know about the carrier, mrs.conn.  We've looked at Thule but haven't done any serious shopping.  The car came with the side rails, but I think we'd need more than that to install it.

Yes, you'll need crossbars. We bought those as well.  We got the carrier from amazon, but I found a better deal on the cross bars directly through the supplier and I wanted faster shipping than standard because if it wasn't going to work out, we were going to have to punt.  :) 
  • Options
    No big plans for the weekend.  DH has to work tonight and both days.  I'll probably do some cleaning and try to stay cool as it's supposed to heat up and get humid.  The free Sunday night concerts in the park start this weekend, so I'd like to go down to see The Fabulous Thunderbirds.

I started back to work this past Tuesday - 4 hours a day.  The first day I came home and took a 2 hour nap!  It's gotten better through the week.  I'm on half days next week also, then full time again.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards