Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Spray Tanning before wedding

Hello everyone,

My wedding is in exactly one month!!!
I am considering getting spray tanning for my wedding since I am pale and my dress is pure bright white! 
I know a place that uses St. Tropez spray! But I have never done it before and I don't know anyone that could give me some feedback. 

Have you tried getting spray tanned before your summer wedding? Is it worth it? 

Re: Spray Tanning before wedding

• I am pale and I am not planning to any kind of tan before my wedding. It would look really weird since I am never, ever tan.

If you want to do it, I'd go now to try it out. Then if you hate it, there's plenty of time for it to fade before the wedding, and if you love it, you can have it redone a few days before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also pale but that's who I am (though in the summer I like to maintain a nice lobster shade). My dress is also a bright white which I was afraid would bleach me out but it doesn't. Do you feel like yours does? If you do maybe get a second opinion, I know personally I'm my own biggest critic and it probably looks fine on you without a spray tan. 

If you've never spray tanned before I agree with PP that you should definitely try it now and leave enough time for it to fade before your wedding in case you hate it. Do you tan naturally or at a booth regularly and that option isn't available that time of year or do you just not tan? If you just don't tan at all why would you want to look different on your wedding day? I feel like that would make me more nervous than just being my natural pale self but that's just me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to tan naturally  when I was a teen but since I started my 20's I stopped for the sake of my skin. 
    I can get color pretty easy but I don't want tan lines anywhere. 

I am planning on getting a slight tanned color really soon! Thank you for the advice. 
  • I'm generally pale but did get a spray tan before my wedding because I had a bit of a farmer's tan going on.

Here is some advice about spray tanning

• You can't get yourself wet for I think it was 8 hours after getting sprayed so it can set, you have to even be careful about washing your hands and doing activities that will cause you to sweat. Your tan will streak then.
    • Wear something washable to the place because the dye that they use that makes your skin dark at first will rub off on your clothes, and plan to go home braless, else the straps could rub off the coloring & leave you with lines
    • Do a test spray immediatley to see how the color turns out & to make sure you have no reaction to chemical
    • If you like it, do your final spray 2 days before your wedding and at a time when you don't have much to do afterwards. You don't want to do anything where you will risk the tan color running
    • Be prepared that the coloring even two days later, could come off on the inside of your dress. After a night of dancing and sweating due to dancing in a satin ballgown, by time I got home, my hip, chest and stomach areas had less tan because it had rubbed off into the inside of my dress. Luckily, it did wash off easily

Despite all that, I would do it in a heartbeat again to avoid the farmer tan lines.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards