Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Doing my own makeup/ foundation ideas.

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some feedback on wedding day makeup. I plan on doing my own makeup for the big day and I'm pretty confident in my own skills to get the job done but I'm still tossing around foundation choices. Right now I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour foundation. I really love this product but it has an SPF in it and I've heard conflicting opionions about both the product and whether or not SPF is good or bad for photos. Does any have a favorite foundation that has held up for them? I'm looking for a buildable coverage to help even out my tone a little bit. Thanks in advance :-)

Re: Doing my own makeup/ foundation ideas.

• Options
    Do you have oily skin? If so, try Benefit "Big easy" it's a liquid to powder bb cream idea. I have oily skin and I absolutely love this in summer! I believe there is SPF in there but not too much.

Side note: whatever you use, bring something to blot and powder to touch up.
  • Options
    Armani is the best but there is also a Smashbox one without spf in it. Avoid SPF and also, really think about the HD ones, some of them have something in them that can also cause flashback.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    This article is kind of interesting. It talks about when SPF makeup is a problem and when it isn't, and which products are better.

ETA the article's own summary of itself: 
    For those of you following along at home, here are the basic takeaways. 
    • No, flash is not the enemy.
    • Yes, direct flash is.
    • You can test your makeup using your cell phone flash. If it looks like you’re wearing white powder on your face, you might have issues with direct flash.
    • Ask your photographer if they use direct flash ever. If they don’t, you should have nothing to worry about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite foundation is Lancome's Teinte Idole Ultra 24H. It's easy to go on, has buildable coverage, lasts forever and photographs well while still looking natural. I also have sensitive skin that breaks out easily, and this stuff doesn't give me any problems!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards