Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What do you think of these songs?

• Processional/my entrance: Storybook Love (The Princess Bride theme)
  • First dance: The Luckiest by Ben Folds
  • Father/Daughter Dance: My Girl or My Wish
  • Last dance: You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins

Re: What do you think of these songs?

• Sounds good to me!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • :) I want songs that are meaningful but not too overdone.
  • Don't worry about whether or not they have been overdone.  If you love the songs and they have meaning to you then that is all that matters.

FYI my Dad and I danced to My Wish for our Father/Daughter dance.

• I want something both not overdone and something meaningful to me.

For example, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie, Ben Folds is one of my favorite artists and I've always wanted The Luckiest as a wedding song, My Girl is a song both my dad and I love, My Wish is beautiful, and I'm a Disney freak lol.

For example, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie, Ben Folds is one of my favorite artists and I've always wanted The Luckiest as a wedding song, My Girl is a song both my dad and I love, My Wish is beautiful, and I'm a Disney freak lol.
    But why do you care if it is overdone?

Trust me that once your wedding is over with no one but you and your FI and maybe your parents will remember what songs you had for your spotlight stuff.

• edited July 2015
    I want something both not overdone and something meaningful to me.

Trust me that once your wedding is over with no one but you and your FI and maybe your parents will remember what songs you had for your spotlight stuff.

I care because I like things to be pretty unique and I don't want my wedding to be like everyone elses.

I care because I like things to be pretty unique and I don't want my wedding to be like everyone elses.

Well good luck with that one.  No wedding is ever unique.  And your guests don't care about what songs you pick.  They care that the food is good and that there is a seat for them to sit and that they can get a drink without opening their wallet.

• Your opinion, which is fine. My ceremony won't be at all unique because it's a church wedding, and a sacrament, so there really isn't much leeway in that...but I can choose other things that aren't completely overdone, like music for example.
  • Your opinion, which is fine. My ceremony won't be at all unique because it's a church wedding, and a sacrament, so there really isn't much leeway in that...but I can choose other things that aren't completely overdone, like music for example.
    But you aren't getting it.  Nothing is unique when it comes to weddings.  Everything has been done before.  Do things like picking music and the decor of your cake because that is what you and your FI love, not to be "unique" and impress your guests.

But you aren't getting it.  Nothing is unique when it comes to weddings.  Everything has been done before.  Do things like picking music and the decor of your cake because that is what you and your FI love, not to be "unique" and impress your guests.

I wouldn't be happy with things that have been done to death...so maybe unique isn't the right word, but you know what I mean.

I wouldn't be happy with things that have been done to death...so maybe unique isn't the right word, but you know what I mean.
    But I still don't know why you concern yourself with what others have done.  It is like you are trying to one up other people's weddings.  Just do what you want/love (within etiquette of course) and don't worry about what may or may not have been done a lot in the past.  Your wedding will be unique solely because it will be yours and your FI wedding.  No sense passing up on something that you love because a random number of other people have also done it. 

• I don't like overdone. That's why.
    LOL okay.

<br I also want to walk down the aisle to the princess bride song.
  • edited July 2015
    It's a beautiful song! Not only that, but as I mentioned before, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie so it makes sense. And if I can get my priest to start the ceremony with "Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today," I would be insanely happy!
  • It's a beautiful song! Not only that, but as I mentioned before, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie so it makes sense. And if I can get my priest to start the ceremony with "Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today," I would be insanely happy!

Oh yeah, I have seen that done on you tube.
  • It's a beautiful song! Not only that, but as I mentioned before, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie so it makes sense. And if I can get my priest to start the ceremony with "Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today," I would be insanely happy!

Oh yeah, I have seen that done on you tube.

Me too. I know that is super cheesy, but for people who know me well, they'll know exactly what's going on. I have no idea if the priest will be okay with it -- I haven't even met him yet(!) because my church is getting a new priest next month, and I'm currently away at school until December.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards