Pre-wedding Parties

"too late" for an engagement party? & who do you invite???

My FI and i first started dating YEARS ago. 
We got engaged in February 2013 but have just recently set a date for our wedding (July 2016)
We haven't had an engagement party at all. 
My sister has previously mentioned wanting to host an engagement party and I've heard mention that FMIL had thought about it as well.

Is it poor etiquette to have an engagement party now since we got engaged so long ago?
It would likely have to be this summer since i'm going to be back in school come September with a crazy schedule (school was a major reason we've had such a long engagement to begin with)

Also, who do you invite to an engagement party?
Do we need to create a guest list for the wedding first and just invite those people to the engagement party?

Feeling kinda lost and clueless lol
advice please!! 

(also, if anyone actually did want to host an engagement party i would make sure there is just ONE)

Re: "too late" for an engagement party? & who do you invite???

• You got engaged 2 years ago? Yes, it's too late for an engagement party.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Fosmoh said:
    My FI and i first started dating YEARS ago. 
    We got engaged in February 2013 but have just recently set a date for our wedding (July 2016)
    We haven't had an engagement party at all. 
    My sister has previously mentioned wanting to host an engagement party and I've heard mention that FMIL had thought about it as well.

Is it poor etiquette to have an engagement party now since we got engaged so long ago?
    It would likely have to be this summer since i'm going to be back in school come September with a crazy schedule (school was a major reason we've had such a long engagement to begin with)

Also, who do you invite to an engagement party?
    Do we need to create a guest list for the wedding first and just invite those people to the engagement party?

Feeling kinda lost and clueless lol
    advice please!! 

(also, if anyone actually did want to host an engagement party i would make sure there is just ONE)
    Yep, that ship has long since sailed.

• Waaaay too late.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    Engagement parties are not required.  Lots of people skip them.    Tell your relatives, "No, thank you." and let it go.  Maybe your sister would like to host a bridal shower when you are much closer to your wedding date.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • FosmohFosmoh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    okay thanks   :)

I wasn't sure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards