Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

When and Wording

1. I am getting married on October 31, 2015. Caterer needs final head count by October 21, and hotel room block rate expires on October 2 (this is included on our accommodation card in the invites). We were hoping to ask guests to RSVP to us by Octover 17 (so in case we find some haven't returned it gives us a few days to track them down with phone calls before we need to let our caterer know the final count). With that being said, when should the invitations go in the mail? Is August 17 (8 weeks before we want responses) too early? I originally thought giving guests more time to make arrangements would be best, but if it's too soon, do people forget to RSVP?

2. When wording the invite and writing out the year is it "two thousand and fifteen" or just "two thousand fifteen"? When reading numbers I know you're technically never supposed to say "and" but do invitations have different etiquette or does it just look better?

Re: When and Wording

• Options
    There is still some controversy about the year wording, but I think most people are using "two thousand fifteen".
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Typically you send invites out 6-8 weeks before the wedding date, not the RSVP date.  But sending invites out at the 10 week mark isn't the worst thing in the world.  But no earlier then that.

It is two thousand fifteen.

• Options
    When saying numbers "and" signifies a decimal point.  So, for example, when writing a check, "two thousand fifteen and 85/100".

I'd mail the invitations 8 weeks before your wedding, six weeks to get back to you is plenty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards