Chit Chat
Options

So uh hi

Re: So uh hi

• Options

She was becoming more and more like a caricature.

But, that's what got her the attention. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    "Gay Lifestyle?" You guys thought that was mean?

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    XXXplicit said:

MI's approach was mean.  Like I said, she should take lessons from QueerFemme. "Gay Lifestyle" isn't mean, MI/VG/whoever just has the world's biggest chip on her shoulder.

• Options
    kmmssg said:
    XXXplicit said:

MI's approach was mean.  Like I said, she should take lessons from QueerFemme. "Gay Lifestyle" isn't mean, MI/VG/whoever just has the world's biggest chip on her shoulder.

We don't even know she was gay. We don't even know she was a she! WHY are you all focusing on how a CATFISH could better make you all accept LGBTQ people?!

Jesus Christ
  • Options
    XXXplicit said:
    kmmssg said:
    XXXplicit said:

We don't even know she was gay. We don't even know she was a she! WHY are you all focusing on how a CATFISH could better make you all accept LGBTQ people?!

Jesus Christ
    Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?  People are making observations about what they noticed while she was here.  Why are you so riled up?
  • Options
    XXXplicit said:
    kmmssg said:
    XXXplicit said:
    kmmssg said:
    XXXplicit said:

Jesus Christ
    Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?  People are making observations about what they noticed while she was here.  Why are you so riled up?
    It's not the job of anyone, gay or otherwise, to make you accept LGBTQ people. It's up to those with the issues to fix them. It's up to you guys to get with the times. And don't go making Queerfemme be your gay ambassador, that's not her job either.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    You guys are so utterly blind to your privilege and prejudices. This is why there was an exodus. It's not about one person or another, it's because when talking about a catfish who took us all for a ride, what is being focused on in how said catfish wasn't good at making you open your eyes to the "gay lifestyle".

Really? Why would it ever be anyone's job to make you comfortable and accepting of gay people? And when was the last time someone said any of you had to represent all of straight people as a whole?

Most of you here STILL don't get it, and you never will. That is so clear. TK is quickly gaining a reputation of harboring and defending privilege, and THAT is why people keep leaving.
  • Options
    I am so happy to see that we are all still fighting.  I was afraid that that would go away once the Catfish was thrown back into the ocean.
  • Options
    kmmssg said:
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain what the gay lifestyle is. 

One of my best friends is gay. His lifestyle is the same as mine. He gets up every day and goes to work. He drives a car. We go out to eat, and drink wine. He has sex with men. So do I. And he doesn't talk about "being gay". He talks about is life. He happens to be gay. The idea that someone is living a gay lifestyle or is always bringing up being gay is so fucking ludicrous I can't handle it. 

See?  I used the wrong terminology.  I shouldn't have said "gay lifestyle" and have learned another lesson.  Can we be done with semantics now?
    My post wasnt' just directed at you. There's someone also that claims to have gay friends and they don't bring up being gay all the time. I mean, seriously. Does that not sounds ridiculous to anyone else?

• Options
    kmmssg said:

One of my best friends is gay. His lifestyle is the same as mine. He gets up every day and goes to work. He drives a car. We go out to eat, and drink wine. He has sex with men. So do I. And he doesn't talk about "being gay". He talks about is life. He happens to be gay. The idea that someone is living a gay lifestyle or is always bringing up being gay is so fucking ludicrous I can't handle it. 

See?  I used the wrong terminology.  I shouldn't have said "gay lifestyle" and have learned another lesson.  Can we be done with semantics now?
    My post wasnt' just directed at you. There's someone also that claims to have gay friends and they don't bring up being gay all the time. I mean, seriously. Does that not sounds ridiculous to anyone else?

I don't want to speak for anyone, but I *THINK* that she was trying to say the same thing you were in your PP. The lifestyle is not different. There is no need to talk about your sexuality ALL. THE. TIME. No one inserts their hair color or shoe size into every conversation they have - it's the same idea. I didn't run the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that MI talked about the fact that she was gay more often than not. It was her signature, it was everywhere - SHE made it her identity here, not us. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    This is directly from GLAAD's website, just want to clarify some information about the term "gay lifestyle." This link is very informative and it provides information as to which are some terms to avoid and why.

Offensive: "gay lifestyle" or "homosexual lifestyle"
    Preferred: "gay lives," "gay and lesbian lives"There is no single lesbian, gay or bisexual lifestyle. Lesbians, gay men and bisexuals are diverse in the ways they lead their lives. The phrase "gay lifestyle" is used to denigrate lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals suggesting that their orientation is a choice and therefore can and should be "cured" 

Hmm, interesting. I'm glad you posted this. It makes a lot of sense and now I have learned something new.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    This is directly from GLAAD's website, just want to clarify some information about the term "gay lifestyle." This link is very informative and it provides information as to which are some terms to avoid and why.

Offensive: "gay lifestyle" or "homosexual lifestyle"
    Preferred: "gay lives," "gay and lesbian lives"There is no single lesbian, gay or bisexual lifestyle. Lesbians, gay men and bisexuals are diverse in the ways they lead their lives. The phrase "gay lifestyle" is used to denigrate lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals suggesting that their orientation is a choice and therefore can and should be "cured" 

The bold was EXACTLY what I wasn't trying to do.  I do appreciate the post and now know that a phrase I didn't know was offensive is.  Bad semantics, won't happen again.

• Options
    kmmssg said:

I don't want to speak for anyone, but I *THINK* that she was trying to say the same thing you were in your PP. The lifestyle is not different. There is no need to talk about your sexuality ALL. THE. TIME. No one inserts their hair color or shoe size into every conversation they have - it's the same idea. I didn't run the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that MI talked about the fact that she was gay more often than not. It was her signature, it was everywhere - SHE made it her identity here, not us. 
    But my friend talking about his life is his talking about being gay. He talks about things he experiences, the relationships he has. That's talking about his sexuality. We all do it. So what if it's everywhere. How is that different than me talking about my sexuality?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards