Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Check Invite Wording Please

NicRen17NicRen17 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
We are paying for our own wedding. It is a church (Episcopal) wedding with a reception in another location. We will be doing a separate reception card for that. I just want to make sure we are using appropriate wording not only for the church but for our guests. Thanks! 

The church information will contain the name of the church with the city and state. More detailed information will be included on our wedding website but I feel like the street address should be listed for those less technology inclined? Opinion? 

Also, I know that usually you don't need the "Afternoon" part or the year but I kept the year for keepsake purposes and the structure of the invite seemed to flow better with the afternoon portion. Any ideas on that would be greatly appreciated.

*This is also a screen shot of our invites. The fonts and background will be a lot more cleaner and clear in the invite*
11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Check Invite Wording Please

• Options
    Put the day of the week in front of the date, followed by a comma.

Otherwise, it looks good.

PS: Hosting and invitation wording isn't determined by who's paying.
  • Options
    If this is a heterosexual union then the bride's name goes first.

Your wording is fine but I'm a bigger fan of "The honour of your presence is requested at the ceremony uniting NicRen17 and Mr. NicRen's FI in marriage," but that's a personal preference.

I'dd add the day of the week before the day of the month and you can opt to put an and in the year of two thousand and fifteen if you desire.   

Unless there is more than one church in the town/city with that name or you're in a big city (Like a St. John's Episcopal Church and a St. John's Roman Catholic Church) I wouldn't put the street address.   Just
    Church Name
    City, State 
  • Options
    Thank you all! I know hosting and paying are different but I have heard the bride and groom aren't supposed to be the hosts but our families aren't hosting either so I wanted to make sure it was still appropriate wording. 

There are a ton of other Catholic, Episcopal, and religious buildings in the area but none as far as I know as the same name. I will do a quick google search to make sure.

The wording might change slightly depending on if the church has specific wording for the sacraments. We will be asking our pastor that in our next meeting which will probably be towards the end of August. Invites won't go out till beginning/middle of September.

• Options
    The honour of your presence is requested
    at the marriage of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    Saturday, the twenty-first of November
    two thousand fifteen
    at three o'clock
    Saint Whoosit's Episcopal Church
    123 Maple Street
    Anytown, State

Never use the ampersand on an invitation unless it is a part of the artistic design.  It is an abbreviation.  I do not believe that Episcopalian weddings have any special wording.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Thank you @CMGragain for the suggestions.
    Is it required to have full names thought?
    My name is short so I could probably do First Middle and Last if I wanted but my fiance has a LONG name. A hypenated first (which we were planning on using) a two word combined middle and a last. It would probably end up taking up three lines on the invite just for him.

The only reason I am waiting for the official wording from our pastor is because we are having a full Mass with the Eucharist included. I have heard (and correct me if I am wrong) that if the Sacraments are included, it is appropriate to word it as such.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    Middle names can be optional.I know that for Catholic weddings there is an optional wording:

The honour of your presence is requested
    at the Nuptial Mass uniting
    Bride's Name
    and
    Groom's Name
    in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony
    (etc.)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards