Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

How early is too early to order invitations?

I found the invitations I want to order, but my wedding isn't until April 2016. This is way too early to order them, isn't it?

Re: How early is too early to order invitations?

• Options
    Yeah, I'd say this is too early. Mine's in May and I'm working on designing them, but I'm not going to send them off to be printed for at least a few months. I'd just file away the details and keep an eye out for sales or discontinuation warnings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would wait. I was ready to order my invitations far in advance, but something kept holding me back. We ended up having to change our venue 6 months out, and I was glad I waited.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Alright. I'll just have to calm down over here. Thanks for the advice!

• Options
    MJKlover said:
    Alright. I'll just have to calm down over here. Thanks for the advice!

Right? I want to do everything rightnow. I've actually got a print shop tab open with an almost-finished STD design. It's even too early to order those, but I might do it anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you ordering from an online shop? A friend gave me advice that one way to save some (not a ton) of money is to design your STDs/invites early and wait for the best deal on the sites. If you have something in your shopping cart you'll automatically get more coupons.
  • Options
    Are you ordering from an online shop? A friend gave me advice that one way to save some (not a ton) of money is to design your STDs/invites early and wait for the best deal on the sites. If you have something in your shopping cart you'll automatically get more coupons.

Yes, and they've emailed me so many great coupons. So, of course I've been tempted at least weekly to buy them. But it really is too early.

• Options
    I would wait, while you have your venues booked, if something happens between now & a few months prior, like you have to change the venue or you need to change the times, you'll have to spend the money to redo them all.
  • Options
    I would definitely wait.  We jumped the gun a bit and ordered ours 5 months out because we were so excited.  Then our venue changed manages and THE MENU.  Luckily they will make the food we put on the reply card, but technically they don't offer it anymore.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fyrchkfyrchk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    I ordered a mock up of our invitation. It helped fulfill some of the desire to order invitations RIGHT NOW! And I only spent $3. The upside is that I found an error on it and can get it corrected before ordering all of my invites. Just a thought?
  • Options
    I know this thread is kind of old but if anyone is still around... What about Black Friday deals and other mega sales? Does it matter at all? I know Vistaprint is doing 50% off right now but all these things will roll around again next year, right?
  • Options
    I've ordered all kinds of stuff from VistaPrint over the years and they have sales constantly. But I'm not sure about Black Friday deals. Sometimes Groupon has deals for VP.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards