Not Engaged Yet

Whatever Wednesday

13»

Re: Whatever Wednesday

• @swazzle yours looked soo cute!! Was it fast and easy to style? See I will admit that I'm a lazy piece of shit- like for real. I wear my hair down/ blow dry/ straighten maybe once a month. 99% of the time it's in a low pony or a high messy bun directly from the shower. So I'm kind of scared that if this required some styling to the top daily that I might freak out. I mean a 1 minute blow dry and some product fine, but if it's like even a 15 minute process I won't do it.

@alpacina I have no idea what show/ movie that abbreviation is for. But she's rocking that!

@untouchablets Aw man, boo to him, I want you to do it! My H said he did not care one bit but thinks that I will regret and he will have to listen to me complain that I don't like it hahah

• @jenna8984 I have an under buzz in an asymmetrical shape. Highest point is by my left ear, angled to about an inch above my hairline at the back. I wanted to do side buzz but didn't want to push the business casual at my work. You could do something like that if you wanna buzz but unsure of it

{side note: the buzz will be coloured red to match my shoes for the wedding :) }
  • @jenna8984 - It was really easy for me because I have super straight hair. When I had the pixie, I'd let just put a little product in it, let it air dry which took no time at all, and then added a little styling wax to help hold it in place. Even now, I have a bob I guess it's considered, and I couldn't tell you the last time I blow dried my hair. I'm exactly the same as you, I think. I just get out of the shower and that's it. 

• TwoDimes said:
    Swazzle said:
    @jenna8984 - It was really easy for me because I have super straight hair. When I had the pixie, I'd let just put a little product in it, let it air dry which took no time at all, and then added a little styling wax to help hold it in place. Even now, I have a bob I guess it's considered, and I couldn't tell you the last time I blow dried my hair. I'm exactly the same as you, I think. I just get out of the shower and that's it. 
    GAHHHH SO JEALOUS. My hair is wavy and frizzy. It's too wavy/uneven to be left alone, so I either blow dry it straight (then usually I'm too lazy to straighten it, so it's awkwardly almost-but-not-quite-straight) or put product in it to bring out the natural curl.

Mine doesn't dry stick straight, it has a little body and does a slight beach wave thing but not actual curls so a cut like swzzle's might work.

• edited July 2015
    cu97tiger said:
    @cu97tiger You're absolutely right. In some situations it's very easy for me to be direct, bitchy, whatever and with some people I'm the total opposite. I don't know what it is. I need to come up with an refund amount that seems reasonable. I was thinking I should ask for at least $500. We paid $2000 total (e-pics included) for 9 hours for 2 people - we thought we were getting him and an assistant but got 2 assistants. He also showed up late when he did our e-pics too which I'm still pissed about so we lost time with those plus about an hour lost on the day of the wedding waiting for him to show up because his assistants wouldn't tell us he actually wasn't coming. Anyone else think $500 is reasonable? 
    If you want $500, I would start by asking for $1,000 back. Is there anywhere in the contract or in your email communication with him that said HE would be the one taking the pictures?
    That makes sense to ask for more than I want because he isn't going to just reply and say "OK here's $1000!" The contract was SO vague. Basically he just wrote that we picked the package that included e-pics, 9 hours and a second shooter. We only met with him and there was never any discussion of him possibly not being the one to shoot our wedding- the way he runs his business he makes it seem like he does all events and brings an assistant if people want one. 

yea @jenjen047 it's the one I PM'd you

@people with perfect hair. I've always been so jealous of you! I have really thick wavy hair and I have a LOT of it. I can't just wash my hair and go. As it dries it becomes a big fro. If I want to wear it down lately I wash and condition with Deva Curl and it keeps it pretty tame while bringing out my natural wave. Otherwise it's in some kind of bun!

• @jenjen047 - I feel your pain with the thick wavy hair. I have so much damn hair, I can take a shower at night and it still won't be dry when I wake up in the morning. It's almost always in a bun or a pony tail. I always think I want to grow it out but then end up chopping it off because it annoys me to have to deal with it.

• @jenna8984 - So You Think You Can Dance. She's one of the choreographers. I'm used to typing SYTYCD to find clips on YouTube. Sorry!

• Also guilty of being super lazy with my hair.  I usually shower at night, throw my hair in a bun, then let it air dry in the morning.  That being said, I can't really do anything with my hair.  It is baby fine, but I have a lot of hair (so it is thick).  So I'm jealous of anyone who can style their hair easily. 
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    - What are you wearing today?  Pink t-shirt and care bear pajama pants.  No, I don't leave the house in my pjs.  I am just of work for a bit until I am finished the practicum placement part of my college program, which should start soon.
    - What toppings do you like on your pizza? Pepperoni and lots of cheese and sauce.  
    - What's your favorite time of year (season, month, holiday, whatever)? Christmas time is to die for!  I'm slightly obsessed with it.

ETA I love hairstyles with the side(s) shaved off.  My GF recently did a section on her one side after toying with the idea for awhile and is now contemplating doing the other side.  I don't think i could ever do it myself, though, because I don't feel like I have a strong face?  And I don't wear makeup really either, so I think I'd end up looking off somehow.
  • @doeydo - Yay Christmas!

• @lavenderfields13 I know it's late, I'm super jet lagged and KUI. I remembered you mentioned hitched as a vendor. Is it the photographer from there? PM me because I think I could help your case based on your wedding date. I'm really sorry that you have to deal with a breach of contract too.
  • @500days you got a PM. I want to see more photos too!

• @500days PLEASE AW NOW!

@AlPacina I watch on YouTube too!! Did you watch the 10th anniversary special? It was so lame! I wanted to go to YT after and watch all my favorites.

Re: Hair.. I have slightly wavy/curly hair. If I go to bed with it wet, it doesn't always dry right. I HATE doing my hair and will only really do it if there is a special occasion. Usually it's up in a pony tail or messy bun, although I do have it down today and it's doing a cute wave. 

What type of shampoo/conditioner do you all use??
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 I usually have a couple different shampoos I alternate between. I try to find the ones with the least amount of chemicals because I'm a bit of a hippie like that. I've been using DevaCurl Low Poo and DevaCurl One Condition. I have the gel too but it kinda makes my hair really big. With just the shampoo and conditioner I've been able to go out with my hair down and it just brings out my waves without making it super poofy. I feel like I have to wash my hair more often after using it though. I also just bought Nubian Heritage Evoo and Moringa shampoo and conditioner. I've only used it once so far but I liked it. 

• @caseface5 - I use l'oreal ever strong or something like that. I only wash my hair twice a week though, which has actually made it less oily overall.
  • I use some shampoo that my hair stylist gave me for free to try out. I don't even know what it's called. 

For conditioner, I use L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free.

My most favorite hair product is my dry shampoo though. I use Batiste and I don't know how I functioned for so long without it. I am very oily and used to wash my hair in the shower every. single. day. Now I go 2-3 days without washing it.

• I use L'Oreal EverCurl for curly hair.  I love it.  I wash 2-3x a week, usually on Sunday, Wednesday, and sometimes Friday.
  • @caseface5 I use anything with tea tree -- currently using some organic brand I got.  My bf prefers Regis Tea Tree shampoo because it is tingly, so I told him he could buy that if he wants something expensive.
  • I use Malin + Goetz Gentle Neroli shampoo and cilantro conditioner, and once a week I use their Intensive Hair conditioner on the ends. My hair has never been better. I switched a while back and was using something different, and it was awful, so I went back to the Malin + Goetz. 

I have super fine, thin, hair. I only wash it 2-3 times a week - it takes many days before I get oily. I do use dry shampoo, but it's more to get some body/texture. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks ladies! I am currently using the OGX coconut milk shampoo and conditioner but I want to switch to something else. I have semi short but very thick hair. I'll have to play around a bit to find something better.
    friends tv show funy
  • This might help you figure out what to change to: CLICK
  • @caseface5 - I did not watch the special! It was lame though? Cuz I read that and got super excited..... I haven't watched it regularly in a few years now. I think the last time I watched an entire season was when Alex Wong got injured.

Okay, favorite routines, GO!

Mine are definitely Outta Your Mind (Twitch and Alex), the group dance they did to David Bowie's Fame, My Chick Bad (Lauren and Twitch), and then anything that involves Pasha and/or Anya dancing ballroom. (Notice everything is from early seasons, haha)

• @speakeasy14 Thanks I will check out the link!!

@AlPacina They advertised it as "all the best dances from all ten seasons" and then only had 6 dances.. The Alex and Twitch dance was voted favorite ever by the fans! I love that one too. They did that one, "Fix you" with Allison and Robert, "Run the World" with Jasmine and Comfort, "Hummingbird and the Flower" with Hawk and that girl LOL, and "The bench" with Travis and Kaitlyn.

Yikes my favorites??

Lacey and Kameron's contemporary HERE
    Ramalama HERE
    I think this was my all time favorite Jason and Jeanine "If It Kills Me" HERE 

I could do this all day LOL. I really loved season's 3-5.
    friends tv show funy
  • @alpacina - my all-time favorite SYTYCD routine: LINK

And pretty much anything Twitch is involved in.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015

@caseface5 & @GoldenPenguin - I love all of those too! I totally forgot about If It Kills Me. That was heart breaking.

I also just remembered Twitch and some girl dancing to Mercy with a door. I loved that one too! (Notice I also keep mentioning Twitch, haha. That guy is amazing.)

This could go on and on and on. 

• @alpacina - my all-time favorite SYTYCD routine: LINK

And pretty much anything Twitch is involved in.
    I only watched a few seasons of SYTYCD but that's the only one I remember ever. SO amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards