Georgia-Atlanta

Places for 1920s Engagement Shoot

I have a 1920s themed wedding.  I wanted our engagement photos to be in a historical site, we'd be wearing 1920s inspired clothing or really elegant formal wear.  I listed some of the places I checked into with prices (if applicable) to do a photosh0ot there just incase any other bride needs this info too.  Just want to see if anyone has any other ideas than the following:

Piedmont Park: free

Rhodes Hall $100 per hour

Swan House $300 for 3 hours and $125 each additional hour

Lullwater Park: free

Re: Places for 1920s Engagement Shoot

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'd check out the Fox Theater. No idea on what cost, if any, there is. But I think it'd really fit into that feel you're looking for.

The Botanical Gardens for a more bohemian vibe. Pretty sure they charge a set fee (like $150).

• Just a few ideas:

- Cator Woolford gardens
    - Downtown Decatur and/or Emory Campus
    - Downtown Athens (You've got the Georgia Theater and TONS of landmarks)
    - Georgian Terrace Hotel
    - Callanwolde

• Check out downtown Roswell. There are a lot of little retro restaurants and bars that have that look/feel.
  • A friend offered to do some photos for us. We looked into doing steampunk themed shots at the SE Railway museum, They charge you by the hour for professional Photography. 

We ended up being tight on time when we wanted to go do it. In the end we found the riverwalk trail (then it misted till turned to rain), and did a few poses. That trail has a few interesting bridges by Rt. 9.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards