Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Addressing STDs

Not sending out my STDs for a bit, but trying to get all the addresses in order. I will be addressing the specific names of those who have SOs, but am unsure if I should add "and guest" to the envelopes of the others who will be getting a +1 -- or is it only the wedding invitations where I should do that? I've searched the forums and see conflicting opinions on this.. 

Re: Addressing STDs

• Options
    Either way is fine. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Those guests who need to make travel arrangements might need to know that they will have the option of bringing a travel companion to your wedding. Your guests who are local probably don't need to know they're welcome to bring a +1 until the invitations go out. Do whatever makes most sense in each situation.

• Options
    Not sending out my STDs for a bit, but trying to get all the addresses in order. I will be addressing the specific names of those who have SOs, but am unsure if I should add "and guest" to the envelopes of the others who will be getting a +1 -- or is it only the wedding invitations where I should do that? I've searched the forums and see conflicting opinions on this.. 
    I'd probably just address to the friend, and tell them in some other way that if they're not dating someone specific by the time invitations go out, they'll be given a Plus One.  I just think it's weird to tell a non-person to save the date.
  • Options

I would just address the save-the-dates to your guests, and if any single person wants to bring a plus one and lets you know that, I'd just tell them that it's okay and ask who they plan to bring so you can address the invitations to them both.  If they refuse to tell you, then you can use "and Guest," although I'm not a fan because all guests, including "and guests" really should be addressed by name and it gives up entirely to your named guest all control over whom they bring.

• Options

For STD I would put just the guests name. Then when it comes time for the invites you can address them accordingly. Also by not putting "and guest" on the STD, if something comes up and you can no longer give them a +1 (assuming they aren't in a relationship) they won't know and no hard feelings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards