January 2016 Weddings

Spin-off: Countdown!

I was inspired from another thread... How much longer until your wedding? Let's countdown together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Spin-off: Countdown!

• 5 months and 4 weeks! :)

• 177 days to go! Little less than 6 months which seems crazy to me! Wasn't it yesterday that I had over a year? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hellohkb what is the date of yours?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm January 23rd. @lovemesomemonster I think you're also the same date or very close, right?

• January 22! I'm taking the plunge the day before you. How is planning going?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemesomemonster Yay! I knew our dates were super close.

It's going well.. Went to the florist yesterday and have to go pick cakes on the 8th! How about you?

• That is awesome! We have the venue, photog, DJ all lined up and the venue does food/booze so the big stuff is done until head count and picking food/beer types. I just ordered invites so it would be done, obviously won't send them for a while, and I finally decided on centerpieces so the next few months will be working on rounding up all of the supplies! 

What flowers are you going with?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 170 days! What are you guys doing for centerpieces? Are you making them?We are doing wine bottles and painting them and figuring that all out. Still just collecting bottles at this point. We did our tasting, have all our dresses, tuxes picked out. I'm feeling pretty good about it all! There are rumors we might have to replace 1 or 2 groomsmen though...which totally sucks!
  • @lovemesomemonster I'm so sorry that I just noticed this now! That's awesome the big stuff is done. We're falling behind and still haven't signed the contract for the officiant and the DJ. I guess the nice part about being in January is, especially when working with very small or new vendors, is they don't have a lot of clients around that time. My photographer is the top rated in my state and books out over a year in advanced and he said he doesn't think he's ever done a January wedding! 

Where did you get your invites? What do your centerpieces look like? FH, my mom and I all agreed on off white roses and hydrangeas. 

@lpeanut0610 I'm also at 170 days! Yay! We're doing floral centerpieces with the off white roses and hydrangeas and we're also going to add in tea lights and a photo of a couple who got married in the 1940s/50s/60s (Desi Arnez and Lucille Ball, Jackie O and JFK, etc.)

How come you need to replace GMs? You don't need even sides.

• @hellohkb sounds like you are moving right along, I love hydrangeas and was thinking about them for ours as well. We are getting married at a historic ski lodge so the winter fills up as fast as the summer, I had that sucker locked down in January! What kind of frames are you doing for the pictures, I think that's a great idea! 

We are doing antique kerosene lamps as the centerpieces since my dad has over 100 of them so FREE! And bud vases with babys breath  (best friend got married last summer and has lots of bud vases we are getting for free). Got out invites from etsy and they actually came in UNDER budge so I did a little happy dance! I can't believe we are all under the 6 month mark now, it feels like yesterday I had over a year!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm at 116 days!

• 115! its coming! :)
  • 100 DAYS! What!? That's CRAZY!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 100 DAYS! What!? That's CRAZY!
    Squee!! EXCITING! ^_^

• hellohkb said:
    91 days!
    Why do you keep reminding me! It's coming up so fast! 88!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2 months from today!
  • 2 months from today!
    Me too!! Has anyone sent their invites out yet? We absolutely have to by this week and I'm stressed out about it!

• omg I am stressing hardcore! I have the invites and the outer envelopes are all done. But I am obsessing over the wording and printing it out and making sure everything is as perfect as I can get it. 
  • omg I am stressing hardcore! I have the invites and the outer envelopes are all done. But I am obsessing over the wording and printing it out and making sure everything is as perfect as I can get it. 

Good luck! WE CAN DO THIS!! :D Ive addressed a great deal of them already. It's not quite as bad as I thought it would be! If anyone is using a pen and not printing or getting them calligraphied, get a nice smooth ball point pen. Doesn't have to be fancy. I just got a Bic ballpoint at the supermarket and it made a HUGE difference.

• Holy crap everyone.. we're in the final countdown! What's everyone working on this week? I have sent the invites, finalized the menu, started the seating chart, now I need to work on music! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemesomemonster That's awesome you're getting so much done. You inspired me to contact my caterers. We are sending out invites currently (sent out 75% of them already, still waiting for people to send me their addresses when I asked for them what felt like 200 years ago :p

• hellohkb said:
    @lovemesomemonster That's awesome you're getting so much done. You inspired me to contact my caterers. We are sending out invites currently (sent out 75% of them already, still waiting for people to send me their addresses when I asked for them what felt like 200 years ago :p

I had been having nightmares about nobody showing up to my wedding and realizing that I never sent the invites so it motivated me to get it done! You are basically there also with 75% done! 7 weeks little lady, and we are walking down that aisle!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sent out my invites on Monday, we are booking our honeymoon tonight and tomorrow we are going to our reception hall to finalize the menu and go over appetizers and some other details! 52 days! omg we can do this!
  • 37 days! What are you girls working on this week? Does anyone else love coming home to RSVP's every day? It totally makes my day!
  • Holy crap, 25 days!!! When did that happen!? Everyone else getting excited!?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is excited and kinda freaking out the same thing? lol. Yes I am!
  • Same! Excited and freaked out.. we booked our honeymoon and we fly out the Sunday after the wedding for Kauai for a week! That just made it real lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards