Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    @jenjen047 Do you really need or want china? You could totally skip that.

• Options
    @jenna8984 - we are undecided. definitely want to look at it and decide from there. also when i said china i meant fancy as well as everyday plates. ;) we DEFINITELY need new everyday stuff.
  • Options
    Very pretty STDs @jenjen047. I didn't ask my bridal party any fancy way either. I sent my aunt an edible arrangements with a note with an inside joke asking her to be my MOH, I gave my friend a card and I just asked my brother when I saw him. 

• Options
    @jenjen047 they sent cards to people they got cards from, and quickly started realizing that "x" person didn't send them a card. Around that time, one of the grandparents called saying "oh did you get my card?" and they didn't. Going by what people said was in the cards, that's the low end of the guestimation.
  • Options
    p.s @jenjen047 those are lovely STD cards :)
  • Options
    @mskittydanger - eek! thats awful. it was cash, im assuming?

• Options
    @jenjen047 Good call! since we had a tiny family only wedding with no registry, I went to Home Goods right before the wedding and bought us new dishes! lol

• Options

@jenjen047 pretty STD card!  We registered for nice china.  I love it too.  I also had some money on gift cards from Bed Bath and Beyond and got some more every day dishes and bowls.  I also got H a square place setting as part of his Xmas gift last year. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @jenjen047 Our list is at around 180 right now, without really making any cuts. We're planning to invite around 175, but we don't really have a limit from our venue (we do have a minimum of 150). Most of our family is driving distance, so that's the bulk of people coming to the party. The rest on our wedding list is family friends (my dad's still really close with his college frat brothers and their families, so like 10 of them plus wives will be invited) and mine and FI's friends. We invited people we thought we'd want in our bridal party, but most already had vacation plans that weekend.

Also, longest response ever, but my mom keeps telling us that we need to register for china but I'm torn on it too. She has nice china that she uses at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and once my parents retire in a few years they want to downsize, meaning holidays will most likely end up at my house. I'm hoping to just "inherit" my mom's china whenever that day comes!
  • Options
    @Knockonwood5127 I don't think you NEED to register for china if you don't want to. I didn't register for anything but if I did I would have just registered for nice everyday plates, etc. I'm not fancy whatsoever so even when we do have a house and we're able to host family holidays and stuff no one will be eating off fine china lol. It's a personal thing- if you don't think you need it then who cares. 

• Options
    agree with @lavenderfields13 - its a total personal preference. im not set on it either way so if we find a set we love, we will probably register for it. but if we dont fall in love with anything, we will just skip fine china altogether. i dont think anyone will have a heart attack if we serve Thanksgiving on our regular plates. 
  • Options
    @bethsmiles - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @bethsmiles CONGRATS!!!!

• Options
    @bethsmiles CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • Options
    @bethsmiles Woooooo congrats!! I also love that gif hahah

• Options
    jenjen047 said:
    @mskittydanger - eek! thats awful. it was cash, im assuming?

it was :( i know family are now doing cheques
  • Options
    @bethsmiles, congratulations!!
  • Options

@bethsmiles - Yaaaaay!!!!!!! This is how I feel about that news -

• Options
    Ok, done being a bad friend:
    @swazzle and @hummingbird125, have fun at dinner!

@southernpeach89, glad you liked the daycare!

@jenna8984, what a creepy dream. Also mmm steel-cut oats.

@cu97tiger, hope you had fun at lunch!

@knockonwood5127, so much progress! Have fun at your engagement party!

@alpacina, good luck getting back on the wagon!

@goldenpenguin, glad you're enjoying your new job!

@jenjen047, yay STDs and BMs!
    ---
    H had gaming last night. I got more done on the latest baby blanket to grace my needles, which is good because it's already spoken for (my dad's coworker's ... son's wife? daughter? is due in October). Tonight we're either going to do yard work or inside work. It's really windy so I'll probably push for inside work, and I don't think he'll argue.
  • Options
    @bethsmiles - CONGRATS!!!!!!! Does this mean you are leaving your current job?
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - I'm going to talk to my boss about going part time. Hopefully they will be willing to work with me, otherwise I'll have to quit and apply for a different part time job. 

• Options
    @bethsmiles - ah ok. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    @bethsmiles Congratulations!!! So you start in a few weeks?

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - on the 17th! Thankfully, they use the same textbook as the school I taught at last fall so I have a syllabus I can work off so it shouldn't be too hard to get everything together in the next two weeks.

• Options
    Bethsmiles Ain't that the truth! ALso....CONGRATULATIONS!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards