Wedding Etiquette Forum

Officiant "fee"

A high school friend of mine, who is now a pastor, is officiating my wedding. He never brought up any kind of fee for him doing this. He's also doing our premarital counseling so he's putting in work with this. My fiancé and I would like to at least give him a gift card or something but not entirely sure how to handle this. Suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Officiant "fee"

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    I would ask him what he is planning to charge you. If he says nothing, then get him a gift card.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I agree, I would ask him what his fee is.

Sometimes if the pastor is tied to a specific religious venue, they take a donation.

Our officiant is a pastor, but does weddings separate from his church. So we paid him his fee, then gave him a thank you card with restaurant gift card.
  • My pastor is officiating our wedding, but he is also a close friend. I plan to straight out ask him what his fee is. I'm getting him a gift card regardless.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards