Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Loved the Venue but not the person showing us it

We looked at a venue last night, and I love the outdoor setting for the ceremony and they can handle our small group for the reception. But I felt that he was rushing us to sign the contract and trying to make us choose their location without looking anywhere else, telling us that if we went to another banquet hall would be higher.
Did you ever feel like you were dealing with a used car salesman while doing any of your planning?

Re: Loved the Venue but not the person showing us it

• Options
    Well, the good thing is that the turnover amongst wedding coordination staff in Vegas is so absolutely astounding that there's a good chance the person won't be there for long and you'll get someone else lol.  While we were still researching places, over a six month period, three of our four finalists all had one or two turnovers, it was insane. 

Seriously though, we did get that feeling from a couple places but not from any of our finalists, so it may be a small cause for concern as it might mean the person is not experienced or has a reason to be doing a hard sell.  If you proceed, I'd just make sure you read the contract very thoroughly and ensure everything you want is clearly defined with explicit requirements/deliverables.  If anything is not present and they just give you a verbal "yeah that's included" insist it be added in writing.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    FI and I talked last night, and decided to go a different route then that venue, as much as we both loved the outside area for the ceremony.
    We are going to look at the Henderson Convention Center and their outside amphithere.
    We can walk to all locations too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards