Attire & Accessories Forum

Petticoat or not?

I recently bought David's Bridal dress V9409.  http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_chiffon-a-line-gown-with-side-draped-bodice-v9409

I tried this dress on both with and without a petticoat and there wasn't a huge difference. I was wondering if anyone has bought this dress and whether or not they wore a petticoat with it.  How did it work out?

Re: Petticoat or not?

• I didn't wear that dress but I did have a petticoat.  I found that it made it easier for me to walk in my dress and it helped to hold the shape of the skirt better then without it (for example the skirt didn't slide in between my legs when i walked because the petticoat prevented that).

But really this is a personal decision.  Did  you walk around any when you had the petticoat on vs off?

• I didn't walk around too much in the dress without the petticoat but did with it on and it felt good.  I'm just worried about it being too many layers. The dress should come in with enough time to try walking around without the petticoat to see what I like.  Thanks for the advice. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards