New Jersey

HELP! Park Savoy vs. Seasons Catering

Hi All...My Fiance and I are torn between the Park Savoy and Seasons Catering. We love the idea of having a venue that holds only one wedding at a time.  We did visit both and are torn between the two. I'd like to get thoughts and reviews on both venues.  I've only heard great things about both venues. We are planning for an October/November 2016 wedding.

Re: HELP! Park Savoy vs. Seasons Catering

• I have been to a wedding at both venues 2 times each.  The food at both is amazing and so was the service.  I loved the decor of both locations.   The one thing that makes the Park Savoy better in my book is that you can take photos on location where at the Seasons you really would have to go to a park.
  • Thank you for your opinion! Park Savoy is the venue that we are leaning towards more, and it is great to hear that they both have great service and food which is important!
  • Its a beautiful property especially after all they did to it
  • I went to a wedding at Park Savoy in November and although beautiful, I was not blown away - but I also feel like we weren't able to appreciate the gorgeous grounds since it was absolutely frigid and we ran straight from the car at valet to inside, haha! The main meal was eh and they messed up the entree options for three guests at my table. The venetian hour was amazing, though, as was the cocktail hour. The service was surprisingly slow for getting a drink and service all-around was not as top-notch as I expected. I've heard rave reviews about this venue and was so excited to go to a wedding there, so maybe they were just having an 'off' night.
  • Thanks for feedback! Do you remember when in November?  We are thinking the first week of November at Park Savoy.  I know it gets cold but we are hoping it's not too cold.

• I have been to two weddings at the Park Savoy in 2006 and 2010. The cocktail hour was especially memorable at the wedding in 2006. However, food and drinks disappeared very quickly at our table. If you put down a drink to dance, it was gone even if it was still full. Cake was also taken away. Since they were bought out, their prices have exploded. They have nice grounds in spring and summer, but you aren't getting much in winter. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards