New Jersey

Affordable wedding venue in for $100 plate

I am looking for a venue that offeres $100-110 per plate on a Saturday night.  Please help

Re: Affordable wedding venue in for $100 plate

• I am looking for a venue that offeres $100-110 per plate on a Saturday night.  Please help

Hiyeee CONGRATULATIONS!! Did you check out Primavera's?  I know it was suggested to you already, but was wondering what did you think about it....? :)
  • Fiesta, Atrium, and Mayfair Farms fall into that range.  Good luck
  • How many people are you going to be having?  I am getting married at Primavera in November and for a Saturday night guaranteeing 140 people I am paying $120 a person plus tax and service charges.

They have been amazing to work with and give you EVERYTHING included.  The amount that I am getting for my money is ridiculous. 
  • The Elan is very reasonable.
  • The Elan has really good deals. They have a package with a DJ and photographer that is only 125 including Dj and photographer.
  • What part of NJ are you looking to have your reception in?  That will help with suggestions so people can give recommendations based on location.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Northern NJ.  Called Primavera as recommended,  Already booked on Saturdays into the Winter. I also called Villagio as recommended and his prices were still way out of my budget unless we get married in the dead of winter or on a Sunday.  We definitely have the headcounts;  just not able to pay a downpayment for a house on a wedding.  At this point,  I have given up and have called off the whole thing.  I guess having a wedding ceremony/reception is out of the question...Thanks for the help anyway.
  • Northern NJ.  Called Primavera as recommended,  Already booked on Saturdays into the Winter. I also called Villagio as recommended and his prices were still way out of my budget unless we get married in the dead of winter or on a Sunday.  We definitely have the headcounts;  just not able to pay a downpayment for a house on a wedding.  At this point,  I have given up and have called off the whole thing.  I guess having a wedding ceremony/reception is out of the question...Thanks for the help anyway.

Sorry to hear you have called the whole thing off.  There are plenty of places in NJ that would fit your budget.  Obviously, that budget won't meet many venues for a Saturday night in September or October, but just pushing out to November can help as it begins to move into off-peak season.  

Also, you say Primavera is booked into the winter.....what about next year?   It would be very difficult to pull off something in this year anyway (especially as fall is peak season and anything earlier borders on impossible to pull off).....and waiting until 2016 will allow you to save more money.

I'm also surprised to hear that you are calling the whole thing off instead of compromising with an afternoon wedding or a Friday night/Sunday.  Best of luck to you!
  • I too am surprised that you have called the whole thing off because of a wedding venue.

Saturdays are going to be hard to accommodate since that is the most requested and popular night for weddings.

I was married on a Friday evening and we were able to save some money.  A brunch or early afternoon reception is totally acceptable.

Here are some other choices to look into:

The Graycliff
    The Bethwood
    The Reception Center
    The Rosewood
    Feista
    The Forge Inn

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I booked my wedding for May 2016 at the Royce brook golf club in Hillsborough nj, they people there are so friendly and open to working with a budget! I am working with a very small budget and as of right now I am looking at 85-90 a plate and that includes all the fees. I would look into them most definitely, don't just call off the entire thing because of frustration. My fiancée and I also have to pay for this and put the down payment on the house and all I can say it make it WORK! Its gonna be tough but that is the whole point of this process its not suppose to be easy but completely worth it in the end.
  • Berkeley Plaza is $92 + 20% service fee + 7% tax for a Saturday night in July. Everything is included except DJ. You get uplighting, cake, and silk flower arrangements. Decor is neutral and you only need 160 to have the place to yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards