Second Weddings

Toasts and Speeches

I'm trying to figure out if I really need to do the whole toast / speeches thing.  This is my second and his third (late wife passed away from cancer) so it's quite small - 80 people and there are going to be lots of children there.
Should we just do one speech welcoming everyone?  Our timeline is:
Pictures - 1:30
Ceremony - 4:00
Cocktails - 4:30
Supper - 6:00
First Dance - 7:00 ish
When would we do speeches in there?  Have everyone find their seats at 5:45 type thing and go from there?  I went away the first time so we did nothing formal of the sorts so I'm completely lost.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Re: Toasts and Speeches

• If you don't want to do speeches, you certainly do not have to!!! Someone might still grab the mic on a whim and say something nice, but there is no need to have anything planned out.

If you do decide to do them, from what I recall, the speeches at my first wedding were done as dinner was being served. But, that was more than ten years ago, so who knows! LOL

• Were you planning on offering any type of dinner prayer?  At many receptions I have attended, once guests are seated and the first course starts to be served, someone will offer a prayer.  Typically after that, the host or bridal couple will offer a quick "Welcome/Thanks for Coming" toast.
  • Hmmm I never thought about a prayer or blessing but that's a good idea!  Thanks for that.  So many little things....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards