Hawaii
Options

Starting to plan Hawaii Destination Wedding - few questions!

Hello all!  This forum has been so helpful reading through everyone's thoughts and suggestions.  I had a handful of questions if you all don't mind sharing your thoughts!

We are looking to keep our wedding low on budget, paying for our guests hotel rooms so that will take a big chunk.  We plan on having 20-25 total (including us).  I'd like to have the ceremony and reception (including food) to be around $5k.

1)  Where did you all have your ceremony/reception/accommodations (rooms)?  I am realizing it is pretty hard to find a venue that can host all 3, unless you want a hefty price tag.  Right now I am looking at staying at Hotel Anew, ceremony still TBD, and dinner at Tiki's (casual, private dining, no need for a big reception). 

2) Wedding planner recommendations?  I'm looking for someone who won't charge an arm and a leg for their services.  Ideally, I'd love to tell someone "I have $5k to spend on ceremony & reception, what can you do"

3)  Also looking at Paradise Cove ... do they offer discounts to the Lu'au for groups or if you have your wedding there?

This is just the surface of all the questions I have, but I thought I'd start here.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Re: Starting to plan Hawaii Destination Wedding - few questions!

• Options
    Exciting times!

we are using Lori from Tropical Maui Weddings and she is pretty affordable.  We are just using her for the ceremony portion and I have planned the reception portion on my own.  We are getting married in Waipulani park and staying at the luana Kai condos (on the park).  The Luana Kai are probably some of the most affordable condos on Maui and we have stayed there before and were great for a large group.

good luck!  whatever you choose will be amazing.

Janine
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    BlondiCJ1 said:

Hello all!  This forum has been so helpful reading through everyone's thoughts and suggestions.  I had a handful of questions if you all don't mind sharing your thoughts!

We are looking to keep our wedding low on budget, paying for our guests hotel rooms so that will take a big chunk.  We plan on having 20-25 total (including us).  I'd like to have the ceremony and reception (including food) to be around $5k.

1)  Where did you all have your ceremony/reception/accommodations (rooms)?  I am realizing it is pretty hard to find a venue that can host all 3, unless you want a hefty price tag.  Right now I am looking at staying at Hotel Anew, ceremony still TBD, and dinner at Tiki's (casual, private dining, no need for a big reception). 

2) Wedding planner recommendations?  I'm looking for someone who won't charge an arm and a leg for their services.  Ideally, I'd love to tell someone "I have $5k to spend on ceremony & reception, what can you do"

3)  Also looking at Paradise Cove ... do they offer discounts to the Lu'au for groups or if you have your wedding there?

This is just the surface of all the questions I have, but I thought I'd start here.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Welcome.  We had our wedding at the Outrigger Reef on the Voyager Deck.  I can tell you that $5000 won't cut it there with our package.  But you may be able to get a ceremony pretty cheap if you're planning on dinner at Tiki's after for the reception.  I know they do vow renewal packages for pretty cheap, so it shouldn't be too hard to have them change it to a wedding.  We stayed at the Shore next door, which was much cheaper as we rented a condo.  They have rooms there run by the Outrigger Reef, by a separate hotel chain and private suites on VRBO.  

We didn't use a planner, so I can't help you there.  

I looked briefly at Paradise Cove, but if I remember, pricing started about $6000 and we thought it was pretty expensive for what we got.  I could be wrong though, or prices might have changed, so send them an e-mail and see what they say.  It is however one of the few private beaches you can get married on if that is what you're wanting.  Most beaches in Hawaii are public and don't allow structures (arches, chairs, tents, etc.) to be used, so they're not great for weddings.  

ETA - The Outrigger has changed their packages somewhat.  These are all ceremony/reception, but send them an e-mail to see if they do ceremony only.  Something might work and the venue was beautiful.  http://www.outriggerreef-onthebeach.com/resourcefiles/pdf/wedding-packages.pdf

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards