Hawaii

Kualoa Ranch for Ceremony Only?

Has anyone here had their ceremony only at Kualoa Ranch, and then head back to Waikiki for the reception?  I LOVE the photos from Kualoa Ranch, but can't afford to have my reception there.  I'm just wondering if it is really worth it to go all the way out there for the ceremony and photos and then come back.  I've seen a lot of people go up to Paradise Cove and/or Ko Olina then come back to Waikiki for the reception, but not for Kualoa Ranch.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Kualoa Ranch for Ceremony Only?

• BlondiCJ1 said:
    Has anyone here had their ceremony only at Kualoa Ranch, and then head back to Waikiki for the reception?  I LOVE the photos from Kualoa Ranch, but can't afford to have my reception there.  I'm just wondering if it is really worth it to go all the way out there for the ceremony and photos and then come back.  I've seen a lot of people go up to Paradise Cove and/or Ko Olina then come back to Waikiki for the reception, but not for Kualoa Ranch.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

We looked at this, but were stuck for transportation.  It's about 45 min, but we knew a lot of our guests weren't going to rent cars.  We then looked at arranging transportation (bus??) but it was getting more into the planning than we wanted.  Also consider that your guests will travel for 45min, wait 15-20min if they've arrived early, watch the 30 min ceremony and then drive 45min back.  It gets to be a long time if you're travelling and attending a wedding for about 3 hours, especially if there isn't any food or water nearby.  If you can make it work though, and keep your guests comfortable, then go for it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards