Pre-wedding Parties

Thank you gifts for bridesmaid's hosting shower?

Should I get my bridesmaids a separate thank you gift for hosting my bridal shower? They will each be getting a thank you gift at the rehearsal dinner (customized to each girl, sunglasses, a purse, etc).

Re: Thank you gifts for bridesmaid's hosting shower?

• Generally, yes, you'd do a thank you for hosting the shower separate from the thank you for being a BM.

Gifts aren't required. A heartfelt thank you note is sufficient. But a little gift would always be nice.
  • Typically I get a gift for someone hosting an event on my behalf. It is never expected but it certainly is a nice gesture. I agree with PP's that a heartfelt card is always appreciated. Perhaps you could add a small gift card to their preferred "go to" shop, such as a coffee shop, book store, restaurant, or craft store. If they like flowers, wine, or chocolate you could gift them something small and simple from those genres.
  • Fi's mom and my mom are throwing separate showers for me. My mom had help from my aunt, gram and one of my bridesmaids. I got:

- Trinket tray with a monogram and pretty floral detailing (Anthro)

- Lush body stuff

- Chocolate

- Candle melters in fall scents

Each one of those is a separate gift for a separate person but all were $10 or under since I had so many people to buy for. I will of course write a separate thank you note also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards