Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Last Name Change for International Honeymoon?

Hi!

So I have a question. My fiance and I are traveling international for our honeymoon, but are waiting a month after the wedding to take it. We already booked it, and were originally waiting to do all the paper work after the honeymoon so we didn't run into any issues.

Has anyone else gone this route, i.e. waiting a while to do all the paperwork for documents changes and what not?

Thanks!

Re: Last Name Change for International Honeymoon?

• Options
    I did not change my name on my passport until we came back from the honeymoon too.  Unless you have many months between your wedding and your honeymoon, there simply isn't enough time.  Even a month is too risky - why stress and hurry? 
  • Options
    Keep your travel documents in whatever form you booked your tickets in.  If your name is different you may have trouble getting places.  You probably won't have time to get a new passport before you leave.  

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    Yes, it's very common.  We left right away, so I had no choice but to travel on maiden name.  Not that I cared.  

A month is not generally enough time to get all your paperwork in order to change your passport. Heck, it takes 2-3 weeks or even more just to get the license back to even start the process.     Just book all your tickets under your maiden name and travel with your passport under your maiden name.  Then when you return get everything changed.

I've always recommened that if you are traveling internationally within  4-6 months to just keep your maiden name until you get back. 

Can you get it all done in under that?  Yes.  I got married in early Sept and was able to get it all changed over by mid-November. I needed my passport for work, so I had the insentive to get it done fast. I also had to rush everything which 8 years ago cost me a good $300+ in addition to the normal fees to get it done.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards