New Jersey - South

Average Cost of Hair & Makeup in South Jersey

Hi!  I am wondering what it usually costs for a bridesmaid to get their hair and makeup done for a wedding.  My hairstylist told me that she charges $85 per bridesmaid, and I am wondering if this is typical for a wedding in South Jersey.  In addition, my makeup stylist (a different person) said that she charges $75 per person to do makeup for a wedding.  Both will be coming to my house to do hair and makeup for me and all of my bridesmaids.  What does it usually cost to get your hair and/or makeup done for a wedding as a bridesmaid?  Are these prices typical?

Re: Average Cost of Hair & Makeup in South Jersey

• Those prices sound pretty typical for the area, especially since it will be in your house and not at the salon.  I've spent both more and less getting my hair and make up done for other weddings. 

Also, if you are paying for both hair and makeup for your BMs, then this is a moot point.  But don't demand that your BMs get their hair and makeup done professionally.  If you want to give them the option, just say "If anyone wants to, I have stylists coming to my house to do hair and makeup.  The cost is $85 for hair and $75 for makeup.  Let me know if you want me to schedule appointments for you."  As a BMs I have no problem paying to have my own hair done because I want it to be set and done for the day - a good stylist can do this.  But I prefer to do my own makeup instead of paying. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards