Wedding Reception Forum

Help finding seaside vacation rental for reception

We would like to have a small family ceremony on the beach or close to in the yard of a nice vacation rental home on the New England seacoast.  Having a hard time renting due to our date being on a Saturday (June 25) and budget.  Most vacation rentals are Sunday - Saturday during the summer months.

The rental sites such as HomeAway and VRBO are so time consuming.  I can't seem to find a property management company that I can just give all of our requirements & budget to and have them suggest places that would allow us to rent through that Saturday.   We'd like to do that Wed or Thu before and leave late Sunday or Monday.

I'm ready to give up and just get married on a beach and have the reception at a restaurant.

Any suggestions?

Melinda

Re: Help finding seaside vacation rental for reception

• this is an international board.   If you tell me where in NE I would be happy to move the thread there.

That said, we rented a beach front house for our wedding in south jersey..  Well the wedding wasn't at the house, we did use it for our RD (100+ people).     

First it was VERY hard to even find a place that is willing to have a party.  We had to pay an additional $500 for the party.   

We also wanted a Wed - Monday time frame.  The only thing that helped us was to pick the weekend after Labor day.  Even that was a struggle.  We lucked out because people who wanted labor day only wanted it until Monday.   Leaving Wed-Saturday for us.  We also had to pay much higher nightly rate to make up for going over 2 different weeks (they were sat to sat also.)  We fully prepaid 11 months out in cash which helped sweeten the deal.

Bottom line:  It's VERY time consuming to find a place willing to work for you under these restrictions.   If you want it bad enough you will have to work hard.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards