Wedding Woes
Options

What?

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2015 in Wedding Woes
Husband uses toilet pee to take pregnancy test for woman and 'surprise' her with the results.  I mean, at least he didn't shove it up there while she was sleeping...but still...WTF?

Re: What?

• Options
    That was.... odd. I mean at least she was excited to find out, and not mad about it. Kids were cute though.  
  • Options
    I also thought it was weird, but it seemed somewhat staged.  I also admit to being jaded by the internet and video bloggers.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That's just gross and weird and gross.  Did he really have to video the toilet and the pee being put on the test? gross.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    "there's a baby in my tummy!"
    - so wouldn't go over in our house. Wolverine would be like, "no, there's a baby in your uterus."
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    "there's a baby in my tummy!"
    - so wouldn't go over in our house. Wolverine would be like, "no, there's a baby in your uterus."
    My first thought as well. This statement makes me unreasonably mad. 
  • Options
    They posted a follow-up over the weekend that they miscarried. I feel bad for them. 

But maybe let's let the test dry and see a doctor next time before making a clip that goes around the world twice? 
  • Options
    They posted a follow-up over the weekend that they miscarried. I feel bad for them. 

But maybe let's let the test dry and see a doctor next time before making a clip that goes around the world twice? 
    You have got to be fucking joking. That is so sad to hear, but exactly why they tell you wait to tell people until you are further along. How sad that they had to make a clip to hundreds of thousands of strangers :\

Semi related but I was watching an episode of Botched where a similar thing happened. A woman in her 40s (I believe) went in and they told her they had to wait on the surgery because she was pregnant, so her and her FI found out on camera from the doctors that she was pregnant. At the end of the episode they had text explaining that she had a misacarriage.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2015
    So toilet pee is concentrated enough to get a + on a pee stick?

I'm probably just cynical, because I don't believe any of it.  Team Varuna!

ETA:  the entire thing seems unpalatably AW-ish.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

I'm seeing speculation in online comments that they faked all of it in an attempt to push forward anti-choice rhetoric.  I really hope that it's not true and they're just wacky Christian 'vlog' youtube 'stars' and not totally garbage people. 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

I'm seeing speculation in online comments that they faked all of it in an attempt to push forward anti-choice rhetoric.  I really hope that it's not true and they're just wacky Christian 'vlog' youtube 'stars' and not totally garbage people. 
    Do they have other things on their channel that are anti-choice? 
  • Options
    justsie said:
    Heffalump said:

Do they have other things on their channel that are anti-choice? 
    I honestly haven't gone down that rabbit hole because I don't have the time and I don't want to give them any more clicks (because they annoy me, for the most part).  I think the anti-choice thing is mostly speculative, but people were posting links and such to some of their other stuff that is supposedly leans heavily to the Christian side of things.  But the husband was drinking a beer in one video, so they may not be as bad as say the Duggars or their ilk.  

The whole toilet pregnancy test gave me the icks because a) it trampled on her autonomy as a person and b) just gross.  Let her have the POAS moment and find out that way. 
  • Options
    this whole thing seems ridiculously fake - like, "Hey TLC, we hear the Duggar scandal has left you with an opening for some new warriors for Jesus in your lineup. We could be those warriors! Jesus!" 
  • Options
    DH and I also thought the announcement video was fake.

I normally don't care when people decide to make their announcement - it's their decision.  But when this couple talked about how heartbroken their 5 yo was to hear the news, well, I hope they think about her next time around, though they have already stated they will announce early again.
  • Options
    daughter's name is SYMPHONY? oh, go diaf
  • Options
    and abram is the son's name? that is the white people version of "anfernee."
  • Options
    Abram is actually a biblical name.  It was the original name of Abraham.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I knew an Abram once.  I'm fairly sure WW would have collectively hairy-eyebrowed him (but I found him amusing and odd).  

He wore a piece of rope as a belt constantly at fancypants school for the rich.  I'm fairly sure his pocket change could have bought my soul, but he tied up his pants with clothesline to make a statement.
  • Options
    Sorry to bump and old-ish thread, but apparently homeboy had an AM account. FI just told me this and I was pretty surprised:
    http://gawker.com/viral-christian-pregnancy-youtuber-sam-rader-had-a-paid-1725258643

Apparently he had a video on youtube where him and his wife convinced their daughter that gay marriage was wrong and was forced to take it down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards